• Aiken County Public Schools next make-up day is Monday.
• Edgefield County School District will make up inclement weather days on Monday and June 6.
• A Multi-Class Reunion for the 1952 to 1980 classes of Langley-Bath-Clearwater High School will be held Aug. 23 from 5 p.m. to midnight at the North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.
The cost is $40 per person and dress is casual. Because of limited space, paid reservations must be received by June 15.
Make payments payable to: The Multi-Class LBC Reunion. Mail paid reservations to The Multi-Class LBC Reunion, c/o Kathy D. New, 222 Patricia Drive, North Augusta, SC 29841.
Call Mel Minitor at (803) 593-0355 or Kathy D. New at (803) 593-9842 for more information.
• The following made the 100 Book Club:
CJ Blacks, Ashlee Duncan, Mason Nettles, Russell Hammerburg, Catelynn Hull, Kaylee Tant, Aubrey Parham, Caden Burke, Brooke Hicks, Jack Vaz and Dawson Campbell.
• The following made the Principal’s Writing Board:
Hayden Ward, Jacob Robert, Courtney Vincent, Monae Burns, Reagen Wall and Paris Baskett.
• Kourtnie Holmes placed second in the North Augusta Cultural Arts Council student art show. Honorable mentions were awarded to:
Russell Hammerberg, Avery Reynolds, Bella Adriano and Karmen Bradley.
• Brad Whitfield, Roby Gillespie and Michael Ray were re-elected to the school’s board of directors.
• Graduation ceremonies will be held June 5 at 7 p.m. at Aiken Technical College.
• The following received grants from Beta Sigma Phi: Hope Cline, $100 for apps for two iPads, and Ginger Pope, $200 for math teaching accessories.
• The following made the Double H Reading Club:
Avery Prothman, Sarah Harn, Joey Luciano, Olivia Pruett, Vivian Terry, Chasten Williamson, Genny Beavers, Wesley Lott, Juis Ye-Jimenez, Joshua Huffman, Taylor Muns, Jocelyn Cervantes, LaTasha Holmes, Tommy Burch, Alyssa Lee, Brier Smith, Charity Bennon, Christopher Barela, Aidan Cardenas, Beck Greene, Carlie Hallman, Connor McLeod, Cesar Pano and
Sawyer Sanders. 200 Books:
Sara Gibbs and
Lily Sumerau. Pagemaster:
• Summer registration is Aug. 5 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Open house is Aug. 15 from 2 to 4 p.m.
• First grader Tommy Faro Carroll won first place in the North Augusta Cultural Arts Council student art show. Honorable mention: Angelina Kovacs, Abby Hill, Adam Towner, Cara Alan and Chloe Ellis.
• Registration will be held throughout the summer break on Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. School registration day will be held Aug. 5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the gym.
• The following made the 100 Book Club: Drexel Pope, Cruz Yeyson Cruz, Connor Treat, Conner Morgan, Michael Kinsey, Brianna Okpo and Olivia Odom. 200 Book Club: Dakari Morgan and Paola Ramirez. 500 Book Club: Gracie Stroud. Page Master: Kirsten Haney and Jackson Rutland. Page Master II: Kirsten Haney.
• The following Dolphin Dash runners placed in the recent track meet: Sprints: first place – Patrick Green, Robby Knox and Sh’Nya Head in the 100 yard dash; second place – Will Stallings and Jadon Johnson in the 100 yard dash; third place – Blakely Holton in the 50 yard dash and Emily Greenway in the 100 yard dash. Track events: first place – Patrick Green in 300 meter, Robby Knox in 400 meter and Sh’Nya Head in 400 meter; second place – Blakely Holton in 200 meter, Will Stallings in 300 meter, Jadon Johnson in 400 meter and Mary Strauss in 400 meter; third place – Emily Greenway in 300 meter. Relay: North Augusta Elementary Relay Team, sixth place.
• Austin Brown is a regional winner in the Middle/Elementary South Carolina Academy of Science Contest. School winners are Grant Brown and Charlotte Kalbskopf.
• Graduation will be held June 5 at 2 p.m. at the University of South Carolina Aiken Convocation Center.
• The band received the Outstanding Performance Award by the South Carolina Band Directors Association.
• Kindergarten and eighth-grade graduation will be held Tuesday.