• George Mitchell Taylor, of North Augusta, received a Gold Star award for fall 2013 from The Citadel. Gold Stars are awarded to students who have a 3.7 grade point average or higher. These students also are placed on the dean’s list.
• Jalisa McKevie, of North Augusta, was named to the Chancellor’s List at University of South Carolina Upstate for fall 2013. Students must earn a 4.0 grade point average and be enrolled in at least 12 course hours to be named to the list.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics is accepting applications through Saturday for its class of 2016. For details, visit www.scgssm.org.
• Aiken County Public Schools will make up the snow day Monday.
• Aiken County Public Schools is accepting applications for Expanded School Choice on the elementary school level for the 2014-15 school year through February. Expanded choice is available for transfer to the following elementary schools: J.D. Lever, East Aiken School of the Arts, North Aiken, Gloverville, Warrenville, Oakwood-Windsor, Greendale, Ridge Spring-Monetta and Busbee Corbett. Expanded choice is not available for 4K pupils. Forms are available at acps.schoolfusion.us.
• Applications are being accepted for the Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Innovative Teaching Mini Grants program. The grants are awarded to elementary and middle school teachers who seek to use creative and innovative methods in the classroom related to science, math and technology. Award categories are $500, $750 and $1,000. Teachers in Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell and Edgefield counties in South Carolina and Columbia and Richmond counties in Georgia are eligible to apply. Applications are available at www.srs.gov/general/outreach/edoutrch/ed_home.htm and must be submitted by close of business March 3.
• The next early release date for Aiken County Public Schools is March 5.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Cooper Davis, Andrea Newbegin, Brayden Charles, Brian Montero, Layla Riley, Kinley Harris, D’onna Satterwhite, Rachell Luna, Mark Gregory, D’entre Satterwhite, Harley Bagwell, Gavin Birnbrich, John Brumberg and D’Montae Satterwhite.
• The following pupils made the Principal’s Writing Board: Brooke Clark, kindergarten; D’Muntrez Burley, first grade; Raygen Farris, second grade; Abby Williamson, third grade; Bryson Fuss, fourth grade; and Chloe Martin, fifth grade.
• The Miss Fox Creek pageant will be held at 6
p.m. Feb. 22 at the Kroc Center, 1833 Broad St., Augusta. Tickets can be purchased via the Kroc Center’s Web site.
• Board of directors meetings are held on the last Mondays of the month at 6 p.m. in the Fox Creek conference room.
• The following pupils made the Double H Reading Club: Evan Waldhauer, Jacob Roose, Brennley Furness, Amanda Prince, Will Stevens, Emmalee Jones, Matthew Williams, Amara Boyd, Jose DeAvila, Aiden Glore, Jack Irvine, Corey McCoy, Emily Spinks and Celeste Truesdale.
• Orders are being accepted through Friday for commemorative bricks in the school's courtyard. Order forms are available in the school office.
• HHE PTO Buzz cards are available for $2 each and can be used at many local busineses. Checks should be made payable to HHE PTO.
• The following pupils placed in the school’s spelling bee: Andrew Kneece, winner and Tyler Johnson, alternate.
• The following pupils made the Principal's Writing Wall of Fame for January: Janae Jones, 4K; Sean Smith, kindergarten; Jacob Friske, first grade; Heiress Sherlock, second grade; Caralynn Freville, third grade; Keiri Mackie and Bryson Carrol, fourth grade; and Alonzo James and Abby Hill, fifth grade.
• Zaxby’s Night is Feb. 25.
• School T-shirts are available for $15.
• Registration for 4K and 5K for the 2014-15 school year will be held April 16-17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. To qualify for 4K, the child must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2014. To qualify for 5K, the child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2014.
• Coupon books are for sale in the front office. They are $10 each.
• A school beautification day will be held Feb. 22 from 9 a.m. to noon. Efforts will be focused on the school entrance and area around the flag pole.
Items needed include rakes, hedge clippers, pine straw and roll off. Call the school at (803) 442-6200 to volunteer.
• The NAMS School Improvement Council meets on third Mondays of each month.
• The Mardi Gras Silent Auction will be held March 8 from 7 to 11 p.m. Call (803) 279-8396 ext. 100.
• The Strawberry Festival will be held April 26 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the OLP soccer field.
• The following pupils placed in the school’s geography bee: Duncan Crowder, first; Andrew Todd, second; and Caleb Salyers, third.