• The following North Augustans graduated Dec. 13-14 from Southern Wesleyan University: Detrius Boyd, Associate of Science in Business; Sabrina Corley, Master of Business Administration; Maria Dicks, Bachelor of Science in Business Management; Conswella Harris, Bachelor of Science in Management; Christis Mims, Bachelor of Science in Business Management; and Kevin Stogner, Master of Business Administration.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities is accepting applications through Jan. 8 for its 2014 summer programs and the 2014-15 school year. For details and requirements, visit www.scgsah.org.
• Aiken County Public School students return to school Jan. 6. Edgefield County students return
• The Area II Spelling Bee will be held Jan. 13 at 4:30 p.m. at North Augusta High School.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics is accepting applications through Feb. 15 for its class of 2016. For details and requirements, visit www.scgssm.org.
• Applications are being accepted for the Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Innovative Teaching Mini Grants program. The grants are awarded to elementary and middle school teachers who seek to use creative and innovative methods in the classroom related to science, math and technology. Award categories are $500, $750 and $1,000. Teachers in Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell and Edgefield counties in South Carolina and Columbia and Richmond counties in Georgia are eligible to apply.
Applications are available at www.srs.gov/general/outreach/edoutrch/ed_home.htm and must be submitted by close of business March 3.
• Those interested in volunteering at the school should e-mail BelvederePTO@yahoo.com.
• The Fox Creek High School Expo for students and parents will be held Jan. 21 at 6 p.m. Registration for the 2014-15 school year will begin and representatives from Aiken and Piedmont Technical colleges will provide information on dual-enrollment opportunities for rising junior and senior students.
• Teacher conferences and report card distribution will be held from 4-7 p.m. Jan. 21.
• The Miss Fox Creek pageant will be held Feb. 22 at the Kroc Center, 1833 Broad St., Augusta.
• Board of directors meetings are held on the last Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Fox Creek conference room.
• The following pupils were the top cookie dough sellers: Reagan Gillespie, Ariana Walpole, Andrew Hudlow and Chloe Nault.
• The following pupils got a perfect score on their 2013 PASS test: Emily Pearce, math; Will Tate, English/language arts; Bella Waters, writing and English/language arts; and Anna Wilson, English/language arts.
• The following pupils qualified for the Duke Talent Identification Program based on advanced intellectual and academic abilities in at least one category: fourth grade: Aaron Abbed, Nathan Bear, Gabriel Beckett, Tommy Burch, Emily Collins, Kristen Franklin, Bo Fuller, Hailey Gross, Tanner Harmon, Tyler Hughes, Noah Lindler, Amber Little, Jack Livingston, Abigail McCurry, Kellen Miles, Griffin Pruitt, Bishop Radcliff, Peyton Rabun, Allison Roberts, Graycen Sanders, Danielle Slusher, Drew Stevens, Keith Whitaker and Haley Winburn. Fifth grade: Carter Amburn, Bryce Anderson, Jackson Beavers, Trey Beck, Davis Black, Grayson Bridgers, Claire Crowder, Joe DeLaughter, Makena Griffis, Matthew Hammond, Cole Jackson, Ella James, Matthew Jeffers, Zackary Kennedy, Alton McCurry, Gabby Moore, Stephen Nelson, Jordan Parker, Emily Pearce, Chloe Powell, Rebekah Rahman, Ashley Shumacher, Dawson Simms, Shelby Smith, Will Tate, Teresa Thomas, Rachel Walden, Isabella Waters, Owen Wells and Anna Wilson.
• HHE T-shirts are $12 each. Youth and adult sizes are available. Make checks payable to HHE.
• School T-shirts are available for $15.
• Zaxby’s night is
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Wyatt Carnes, Sydney Goode and Bralen Gaines. Page Master: Lilly Smith.
• The school is participating in the Ruby Tuesday Community Give Back Program on Tuesdays in December. Customers at the Ruby Tuesday on Knox Avenue should let them know if you represent North Augusta Elementary. For each person who does, the restaurant will give 20 percent of the purchase back to the school.
• Coupon books are available for sale in the front office. They are $10 each.
• Sponsors and donations for the archery team’s needs are being sought. E-mail Mr. Bartley at the school.
• The Synergistic Lab is in need of paper towels, AA batteries, notebook paper, black medium point Sharpies, vinyl gloves, 9-inch balloons, Elmer Glue All, baby food carrots, wax paper, jars of yeast, packets of ketchup and mustard, and sandwich and snack bags.
• The NAMS School Improvement Council meets the third Tuesday of each month.
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
• The Mardi Gras Silent Auction will be held March 8 from 7 to 11 p.m. on the school campus. Call (803) 279-8396 ext. 100 for more information.
• The Strawberry Festival will be held April 26 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the OLP soccer field.