• Strom Thurmond Career and Technology Center was named as one of the 2013-14 Champions of the Environment winners by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
• Those interested in volunteering at the school should e-mail BelvederePTO@yahoo.com.
Fox Creek High
• The Fox Creek High School Expo for interested students and parents will be held Jan. 21 at 6 p.m. Registration for the 2014-15 school year will begin and representatives from Aiken and Piedmont Technical colleges will provide information on dual-enrollment opportunities for rising junior and senior students.
• Teacher conferences and report card distribution will be held from 4-7 p.m. Jan. 21.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The following pupils made the Double H Reading Club: DaJanae Sanders, Larkin Preissler, Brad Gibbs, Avery Arico, Liam Rogers, Brian Culbert, Gavin Ghrist, Trey Newton, Jonathan Roberts, Maggie Brown and Lily Sumerau. 200 Books: Sarah Lord.
• Winners of the school spelling bee are Makena Griffis, first place; Dylana Bowling, second place; and Bryson Mathis, alternate. Other participants included: Chloe Powell, Matthew Hammond, Kayla Holmes, Ann Jenkins, Brendan Stacy, Veronica Hendon, Jackson Beavers, Bella Waters and Cole Jackson.
North Augusta Elementary
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Tessa Timmerman, Jillian Pope, Chandler Barron and Elise Longe. 200 Book Club: Cassidy Haney. Page Master II: Will Stallings. Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club: Pencil level- Reyna Lazenby and Connor Spivey.
• The school can food drive is being held through today .
• The school is participating in the Ruby Tuesday Community Give Back Program on Tuesdays in December, excluding Dec. 24. Customers at the Ruby Tuesday on Knox Avenue should let them know if you represent North Augusta Elementary. For each person who does, the restaurant will give 20 percent of the purchase back to the school.
North Augusta Middle
• Those attending the basketball games on Thursday are asked to bring a new unwrapped toy to the game. The toys will be distributed to less fortunate children in the community. Those who donate a toy will have an opportunity to win a North Augusta t-shirt.
• The evening holiday concert will be held Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the gym.
• Sponsors and donations for the archery team’s needs are being sought. E-mail Mr. Bartley at the school.
Our Lady of Peace
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
• The last day of classes before Christmas break is Dec. 19.