• Today is an early release day for Aiken County Public Schools.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Blake Clark, Windsor Blair Williams, Hayden Ward, Brooke Clark, Abigail Wirtz, Mason McNeill, JaNiyah Dunn, Mary Ann Bunch, DeMarque Ford, Caelin Hankerson, Clark Long, Sydney Rogers, Jack Williamson, Chase Raws, Evan Hargrove, Chatham Wright, Jonathan Clark, Abby Fuss, Nevaeh Thomas, Kennedy Webb, Mario Williams, Blake DeSalvo, Isaac Koon, Corey Tillman, Haleigh Duncan, Madison Holmes, Ethan Rogers, Stephanie Rogers and D'Muntrez Burly.
• The following pupils are November winners for the Principal's Writing Board: Karisa Weeks, kindergarten; Haleigh Duncan, first grade; Courtney Vincent, second grade; Rene Robbins, third grade; Lexus Smith, fourth grade; and Elizabeth Herndon, fifth grade.
• The student council's food drive resulted in 1,215 cans being collected. Class winners are: Mrs. Cook, Mrs. Younts, Ms. Vaughn, Mrs. McNeill and Mr. Franklin. Mr. Franklin's class was the school's top winner.
Fox Creek High
• Seniors are collecting used cell phones for a fundraiser. Phones can be given to a senior or to Ms. Smith.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The school carnival and cookies with Santa event will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in being a craft or business vendor should contact Leslie Echols at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “carnival” in the subject line.
• New, unwrapped toys are being collected through Saturday to give to needy children at the school.
• Commemorative bricks for the school’s courtyard walkways can be ordered through Dec. 13. Order forms are available in the school office.
• The fourth-grade chorus’ musical will be held Dec. 16.
• The Christmas play, Santa Goes Green will be held Dec. 12.
• Volunteer chaperone training will be held today at 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. and Friday at 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. There will be no volunteer/chaperone training offered after Friday.
• School T-shirts are available for $15.
• Coupon books are available in the front office for $10 each.
• The evening holiday concert will be held Dec. 17 at 6 p.m. in the gym.
• Sponsors and donations for the archery team’s needs are being sought. Needs include equipment, volunteers and financial assistance. Those interested in helping should e-mail Mr. Bartley at the school.
Our Lady of Peace
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
• The Mardi Gras Silent Auction will be held March 8 from 7 to 11 p.m. on the school campus. Call (803) 279-8396 ext. 100 for more information.
• The Strawberry Festival will be held April 26 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the OLP soccer field.
• The PTO is selling season passes for $20. The passes are good for home basketball games. Coupons for local businesses are included on the back of each pass.
• The Christmas program will be held Tuesday. Pieces of fabric sizes one yard or larger and rope are needed for the program. Items can be donated or loaned. Loaned items will be returned in January.
• The last day of classes before Christmas break is Dec. 19.