• The next early release day for Aiken County Public Schools is Dec. 4.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities is accepting applications through Jan. 8 for its 2014 summer programs and the 2014-15 academic school year. For details and requirements, visit www.scgsah.org.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics is accepting applications through Feb. 15 for its class of 2016. For details and requirements, visit www.scgssm.org.
• Those interested in volunteering at the school should e-mail BelvederePTO@yahoo.com.
• The following students made the all A’s honor roll for the first nine weeks: Ninth grade: Devin Ferrell, Ian Hill, Daly Jernigan, Taylor Kneece, Christina McClure, Annie McCommon, Kameron Stampley, Lowell Taylor and Chandler Thacker;
10th grade: Camara Brown, Catherine Powell and Sara Tyrrell;
11th grade: Morgan Bookstaver, Giovanna Oliveira, Rachel Simmons and Eden Weidman;
12th grade: Kristen Chamberlain and Mariela Muniz.
• The following students made the A’s and B’s honor roll for the first nine weeks:
Ninth Grade: Trevor Anderson, Jordan Beall, Forrest Boyce, Darius Broadwater, Hannah Cain, Avery Callaway, Kaylee Carpenter, Zachary Clark, Bailey Crawford, Robert Gillespie, Ryan Gillespie, Hope Gore, Jacob Hodges, Evan Jenkins, Brittny Johnson, Cameron Kiser, Andrew Luder, Madison Mares, John Niechniedowicz, Morgan Powell, Ellis Priester, Michael Ray, Ashley Salter, Jada Simpson, Bethany Sowell, Halle Sparks, Sophie Swint, Jerod Tew, Lisa Tormala, Glynn Ulmer and Garrett Whitfield;
10th grade: Graham Adams, Corrin Cannon, Johnny Carroll, Margaret Davis, Rachel Davis, Breanna Drew, Hannah Elser, Olivia Floyd, Dylan Grose, Haley Langley, Constance Mays, Courtney Mowell, Kaitlyn Pfennig, Tiffany Randall, Morgan Swearingen and Katherine Zeller;
11th grade: Luke Barone, Lara Campbell, Melissa Cobb, Cullan Cook, Tyler Drew, Paige Fowler, Katelyn Hammonds, Erin Harrison, Erik Hunt, Madison Inglett, Tyler Logan, Trinity McKinney, Lauren Plecha, Jarrett Reed, Nerea Rodriguez, Sabrina Shutters, Zoe Strawn, Kaliandra Turner, Caroline Yano and Terell Young;
12th Grade: Toni Allen, Deondre Baskett, Aurora Bosdell, Andrew Buist, Taylor Cooper, Zach Davis, Nicole Gibson, Roby Gillespie, Jasmine Griffin, Erin Holley, Ricky Jones, Savannah Jones, Sabrina Ladousier, Jordyne Lindsey, Morgan Manly, Bailey Mattox, Duncan Oliver, Steven Pinion, Dominique Riley, Bryon Scott , Taylor Sheppard, Evan Steedley, Forrest Whitfield and Morgan Williams.
• Seniors are collecting used cell phones for a fundraiser. Phones can be given to a senior or to Ms. Smith.
• Board of directors meetings are held on the last Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Fox Creek conference room.
• Fifth-grade classroom spelling bee winners: 5A: first place-Isabella Waters, second place-Jackson Beavers, alternate-Caylin Shuford; 5B: first place- Kayla Holmes, second place- Dylana Bowling, alternate-Trey Beck; 5C: first place-Chloe Powell, second place-Makena Griffis, alternate-Will Tate; 5D: first place-Bryson Mathis, second place-Matthew Hammond; alternate-Kyahna Thurmond; 5E: first place-Cole Jackson, second place-Ann Jenkins, alternate-Marrissa Jennings; 5F: Veronica Hendon, second place-Brendan Stacy, alternate-Kennedi Sparks.
• The following pupils were named Bumble Bee Writing winners: Bailey Kirkman, kindergarten; Joceyln Bautista, first grade; Christopher Roberts, second grade; Drew Pond, third grade; Emily Collins, fourth grade; and Avery House, firth grade.
• The school carnival and cookies with Santa event will be held Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in being a craft or business vendor should contact Leslie Echols at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the word “carnival” in the subject line.
• New, unwrapped toys are being collected through Dec. 7 to give to needy children at the school.
• Commemorative bricks for the school’s courtyard walkways can be ordered through Dec. 13. Order forms are available in the school office.
• The fourth-grade chorus’ musical will be held Dec. 16.
• Wife Saver Spirit Night is Dec. 16.
• HHE T-shirts are $12 each. Youth and adult sizes are available. Make checks payable to HHE.
• The Christmas play, Santa Goes Green will be held Dec. 12.
• Volunteer chaperone training will be held Dec. 4 at 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. and Dec. 6 at 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. There will be no volunteer/chaperone traiing offered after Dec. 6. Those interested in attending any trips or volunteering must be trained no later than Dec. 6.
• Recess monitors are needed. Available times are: 10:10-10:30 a.m., 10:35-10:55 a.m., 11-11:20 a.m., 11:30-11:50 a.m., and 12:30-12:50 p.m. Any adult interested in being a recess monitor and is able to spare 20 minutes per week or every other week should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• School T-shirts are available for $15. Last year’s T-shirts are being sold for $5.
• Coupon books are available in the front office for $10 each.
• The evening holiday concert will be held Dec. 17 at 6 p.m. in the gym.
• Sponsors and donations for the archery team’s needs are being sought. Needs include equipment, volunteers and financial assistance. Those interested in helping should e-mail Mr. Bartley at the school.
• The Synergistic Lab is in need of paper towels, AA batteries, notebook paper, black medium point Sharpies, vinyl gloves, 9-inch balloons, Elmer Glue All, baby food carrots, wax paper, jars of yeast, packets of ketchup and mustard, and sandwich and snack bags.
• The NAMS School Improvement Council meets the third Tuesday of each month.
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
• The Mardi Gras Silent Auction will be held March 8 from 7 to 11 p.m. on the school campus. Call (803) 279-8396 ext. 100 for more information.
• The Strawberry Festival will be held April 26 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the OLP soccer field.
• The PTO is selling season passes for $20. The passes are good for home basketball games. Coupons for local businesses are included on the back of each pass.
• The Christmas program will be held Dec. 10. Pieces of fabric sizes one yard or larger and rope are needed for the program. Items can be donated or loaned. Loaned items will be returned in January.
• The last day of classes before Christmas break is Dec. 19.