• Madison South of North Augusta will be among students performing Thursday in the South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities music department’s piano ensemble. The performance will be at 7:30 p.m. in the Smith Recital Hall on the school’s campus in Greenville. The event is free.
• The next early release day for Aiken County Public Schools is Dec. 4.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities is accepting applications through Jan. 8 for its 2014 summer programs and the 2014-15 academic school year. For details and requirements, visit www.scgsah.org.
• The South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics is accepting applications through Feb. 15 for its class of 2016. For details and requirements, visit www.scgssm.org.
• Those interested in volunteering at the school should e-mail BelvederePTO@yahoo.com.
• Seniors are collecting used cell phones for a fundraiser. Phones can be given to a senior or to Ms. Smith.
• Board of directors meetings are held on the last Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in the Fox Creek conference room.
• Kendrick Watson placed second in the Punt, Pass, Kick sectional event in Lugoff, S.C. His total score was 197 feet.
• The following made the Double H Reading Club: Wyatt Johnson, Anna Peace, Ariah Ekre, Alyssa guy, Jordan turner, Kinder Alexander, Nathan Bear, Grace Gill, Stephen Johnston, Ms. Turner, Piper Davis, Kaleb McKie, Amiya Allen, Rhett Crawley and James Bean. Page Masters: Noah Lindler, Piper Davis and Kyahna Thurmond.
• Zaxby’s Spirit Night is Monday from 5 to 8 p.m.
• The school carnival and cookies with Santa event will be held Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those interested in being a craft or business vendor should contact Leslie Echols at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the word “carnival” in the subject line.
• The fourth-grade chorus’ musical will be held Dec. 16.
• Wife Saver Spirit Night is Dec. 16.
• HHE T-shirts are $12 each. Youth and adult sizes are available. Make checks payable to HHE.
• The Christmas play, Santa Goes Green will be held Dec. 12.
• Zaxby’s Night is Tuesday.
• Volunteer chaperone training will be held Dec. 4 at 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. and Dec. 6 at 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. There will be no volunteer/chaperone traiing offered after Dec. 6. Those interested in attending any trips or volunteering must be trained no later than Dec. 6.
• Recess monitors are needed. Available times are: 10:10-10:30 a.m., 10:35-10:55 a.m., 11-11:20 a.m., 11:30-11:50 a.m., and 12:30-12:50 p.m. Any adult interested in being a recess monitor and able to spare 20 minutes per week or every other week should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• School t-shirts are available for $15. Last year’s t-shirts are being sold for $5.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Skylar Bell, Dalton Layton and Bradley Fox. Page Master: DaLee Gunter. Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club: Pencil Level: Chelsey Williamson.
• Coupon books are available for purchase in the front office. They are $10 each.
• The following pupils made the all A’s honor roll for the first quarter: sixth grade: Abigail Adams, Abby Arnold, Madison Ashby, Katie Ashe, Ansley Barbee, Samantha Benner, Evan Bishop, Jenna Brown, Havird Bryant, Keonna Collier, Taylor Darville, Katherine Dunaway, Cameron Falu, Haileigh Feagin, Morgan Fox, Ryan Franklin, Barbara Freeman, Erin Fridie, Olivia Garnett, Luke Hardy, Stephen Henry, Ashley Herrington, Shelby Hutto, Grayson Johnston, McKenzie Kight, Colton Levi, Hannah Littleton, Patrick Malcom, Sophia McCall, Jack McCommon, Gage McCullough, Michael McGee, William McGee, Riley Morris, Iris Nichols, Rebecca O’neal, Rebeccah Ogbuefi, Matthew Owings, Alex Ramirez, Emily Shreve, Daniel Simonds, Jy’Asia Smith, Hailey Sparks, Chloe Sweat, Kelsey Toole, Caleb Vaughn, Laurel Wall, Rusty Williams, Jackson Wray and Colson Wright;
Seventh grade: Miesha Bates-Butler, Jackson Brantley, Mya Burns, Katelynn Chason, Jackson Cooper, Bruce Cribbs, Dylan Crowell, Emily Davidson, Matthew Ebonroth, Sydney Echols, Robert Fields, Nia Graham, Bailey Gray, Carley Guill, Jalen Hallums, Haley Hatley, Michael Havasy, Nolan Kendinger, Johnathan Lykins, Taryn Marks, Kaylee Mays, Kathryn McGee, Bryce Morris, Cameron Neill, Tyler Nichols, Isabella O’Neal, Bryson Parler, Megan Penner, Logan Peters, Baileigh Price, Tyler Razey, Abigail Rowell, Mark Seymour, Melanie Snider, Kyle Swanson, Ashlynn Sweat, Sarah Sylvester, Christopher Terry, Kristen Wahl, Brycen Ward and Alexander Zeller;
Eighth grade: Hayden Boyette, Sarah Crews, Abigail Cutshall, Christopher Davidson, Madison Evans, Dylan Falzarano, Trenton Gambrell, Stephen Hammond, Daniel Hane, Grace Holliday, Jarett Kelly, Andrew MacMurray, Chloe McGee, Rodney McKie, Michael Nicholson, Steven Poore, Brandon Shiley, David Smith and Sarah Wilson.
• The following pupils made the A/B honor roll for the first quarter: sixth grade: Will Adams, Juan Aguilar, Abby Ashe, Alondria Bailey, Seth Bickford, Garrett Brandt, Caley Bright, Davis Campbell, DaVera Cartledge, Carly Casella, Haley Clarke, Colby Cochran, Tyler Cook, Madison Corley, Lyndon Crews, Jack Ellefson, Braydon Ethridge, Axel Galvan, Emily Garcia, Freddie Gray, Joshua Greene, Nalayah Haeffner, Ronnie Hammett, Almond Hann, Caitlyn Henry, Matthew Holmes, Haley Ives, Kamora Johnson, Hailee Jones, Avery Kalbas, Carson Kelly, Daniel Kitzman, Thayer Loose, Ethan Love, Richard Luna, Juan Marquez-Garcia, Aaliyah Martin, Kaylee Morris, Haven Mottel, Emma Muniz, Kaitlin Nein, Hannah Noonan, Caroline O’Neal, Kylie Parham, Logan Parrish, Valeria Pineda Martinez, Anthony Ramsey, Marshall Redd, Amy Reyes, Alexandra Routman, Natalya Schultze, Amber Schumacher, Jacob Smith, Parker Spires, Karrington Sullivan, Byron Tapia-Perez, Gunner Trahan, Jesus Varela, Nathaniel Vazquez, Chase Weeks and David Witt;
Seventh grade: Taylor Adams, Karis Altringer, Jaelyn Baskett, Will Biebesheimer, Daniel Brito, Justus Broadwater, Ashley Brouillard, Trenton Butler, Tana Cagle, Reid Childs, Shelby Cousino, Brooke Couture, Breona Davis, Mariah Evans, Alexis Fava, Raven Flicek, Zachary Franklin, Selena Gallegos, Jaqueline Garcia, Yasmine Garcia, Noah Goff, Lindsey Guy, James Hale, Stella Harrell, Brian Hernandez, Lauren Hightower, Brittney Hill, Brycen Hyde, Errius Ishmal , Kayden Jackson, Taylin Jarrett, Logan Jeffcoat, Tiauna Johnson, Hannah Jones, Brandy Kirkland, Austin Landrum, Samuel Larsh, Trinity Lazenby, Savannah Leopard, Caroline Martin, Julian Martinez, Shelby McGee, Kiana McKie, Kyler McKie, Duncan Mihoulides, Alex Miller, Colton Monroe, Christine Nguyen, Jenny Pawlowski, Lauren Pixton-Turnell, Hunter Price, Alexis Ramirez, Anna Rowell, Katie Smith, Grace Stawney, Hunter Steger, Darrell Sullivan, Dasia Sullivan, Matthew Tant, Sara Beth Vaughn, Anahi Vital, Nakya Walls, Tyler Warrick, Noah Wiggins, Senajia Williams, Will Wise and Zach Woody;
Eighth grade: Kinsey Amos, Madyson Barnes, Parker Baxley, Parker Blackburn, Shircoria Bosket, Grant Calloway, Yoseph Cardenas, Maddie Carter, Brianna Case, Carson Cockrell, Coral Crittenden, De’Ambra Davis, Tiffany Davis, Aileena Delgado, Sydney Eubanks, Thomas Farmer, Jayla Gaines, Ryan Gallegher, Nicholas Garnett, Timothy Garrick, Nariah Haeffner, Karly Heath, Sarah Holliday, Matthew Hutto, Justice Jay, Cranston Jones, Tanashia Jones, David Lamar, Claudya Leon, Brett Logeais, Matthew Lykins, Nicholas Maroney, Victoria Marshall, Lindsey Matthews, Hannah Taylor Mills, Amaya Moore, MacKenzie Morgan, Matthew Morgan, William Mottel, Bryson Mozone, Kyle Newbegin, Joseph Nguyen, Milena Picciano, Damon Reynolds, Sophie Ryan, Rebekah Seymour, Kyle Simpkins, Jacob Stawney, Jalen Sturgis, Sarah Ann Tabor, Kaitlin Upson, Noah Vorderstrasse, Amelia Ward, Mary Watts, Leanna Whittle, Brad Wilson, Desiree Wright and Amari Young.
• The following pupils made the Good Effort list for the first quarter: sixth grade: Yasmin Baskett, Cassidy Blackmon, Brianna Boyd, Melena Bush, Madison Butler, Emma Chartier, Alondra Cruz, Traves Dansby, Alex Davenport, Jasmine Ellison-Pope, Justin Ellison-Pope, Reese Correll, Grayson Hann, Dauanna Holmes, Jessica Johnson, Mearia Killings, Lauren Koonce, William Miller, Evan Newbegin, Alexyss Poole, Jamarri Robinson, Imani Rodgers, Daniel Simonds, Zachery Spradley, Brianna Taylor, Spencer Thaxton, Victoria Vance and Christian Vincent;
Seventh grade: Veronica Aguirre, Hasana Aldridge, Jose’ Alvarez-Monge, Keegan Brown, Bailey Bolton, Courtney Bolton, Dwaylan Bull, Seth Campbell, Ethan Carlson, Shelby Clark, Andrew Clemens, Emmalee Cooper, Adeline Craft, Darius Curtis, Aireal Davis, Tynesha Foreman, Andrew Green, Caleb Harper-Blair, Jamar Holston, Destiny James, Logan Jeffcoat, Sam Johnson, Justin Knight, Lonnie Lee, Macy Lewis, Jake Lyles, Alondra Mendoza-Vargas, Caitlin Minus, Jazmyn Mitchell, Aisha Olopade, Chris Parker, Freddy Perez, Dylan Ridgeway, Andres Robles, Savannah Sewell, Anthony Sharp, Tyler Smith, Brittney Stallings, Hannah Thomas, Kharl Tilby, Micah Toole, Blake Turner, Taryn Vazquez, Anna Wischhof and Denieyrah Young;
Eighth grade: Jaden Adams, Rusty Anderson, Karina Ayala, Jazlyn Bailey, Sam Bryant, Francisco Bucio, Anselmo Chiong, Lawson Clubb, Taylor Cooks, Heriberto Dominguez, McKarti Dorsey, Nadia Dunn, Ca’nesha Emery, Sydney Eubanks, Yisel Garcia, Mercedes Goodson, Nathan Greene, Esai Guillen, Elisabeth Harkins, Sidney Hobbs, Stephanie Hobbs, Curt Jennings, Paul Jerrell, Joshua Knight, Chandler Kosh, Claire Kumrow, Izzy Leon, Zach Mooney, Bailey Napier, Destiney Patten, Andrew Porter, Carson Powell, Erin Redwood, Amanda Rice, Akira Robinson, Jordan Ross, Anthony Sanchez, Tyler Shaffer, Tyrese Smalley, Dylan Smith, Forrest Thaxton, Marie Tormala, Quendasia Turner, Carson Weeks, Christopher Wilson and Ana Zuniga.
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
• The PTO is selling season passes for $20. The passes are good for home football, basketball and volleyball games. Coupons for local businesses are included on the back of each pass.
• There is no school Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving.
• The Christmas program will be held Dec. 10. Pieces of fabric sizes one yard or larger and rope are needed for the program. Items can be donated or loaned. Loaned items will be returned in January.
• The last day of classes before Christmas break is Dec. 19.