• Andrew Cox has been named the executive director of technology for Aiken County Public Schools and will begin his duties in November. He was formerly the director of technology for the McCormick County School district. The current executive director of technology, Dal Stanley, will retire in January. Cox and Stanley will work alongside each other during the transition period.
• The next early release day for Aiken County Public Schools is Nov. 6.
• The community can provide input on Aiken County Public Schools’ 2014-15 budget at acps.schoolfusion.us.
• The public can review textbooks and instructional materials that have been proposed for use in South Carolina’s public schools through Nov. 15 at the University of South Carolina Aiken in the school of education building room 238D, 471 University Way, Aiken. Instructions on submitting comments are available at the site. The materials will be recommended to the State Board of Education for adoption Dec. 11.
• The following pupils made the Principal's Writing Board for October: Kaylee Tant, Laney Wall, Chase Raws, Aliyali Olopade-Simmons, Kenzie Crews, Maicy Orzechowski and Emily Hammerberg.
• Domino’s Pizza night is Nov. 7.
Fox Creek High
• Educational Opportunity Day for juniors and seniors is Thursday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. in the commons.
• Seniors are collecting old, used cell phones for a senior fundraiser. Phones can be given to a senior or to Ms. Smith.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The following pupils were named Bumble Bee Writing winners: Ansley Stewart, kindergarten; Jackson Scholl, first grade; Jordan Wiley, second grade; Jessica Tice, third grade; Parker Strickland, fourth grade; and Kyahna Thurmond, fifth grade.
• The following classes won the Golden Shoe award in P.E. for the first nine weeks: Ms. Holloway, kindergarten; Ms. Murphy, first grade; Ms. Witt, second grade; Ms. Harrell, third grade; Ms. Logue, fourth grade; and Ms. Mock, fifth grade.
• Box Top class winners: Holloway, kindergarten; Bussey, first grade; Williams, second grade; Harrell, third grade; Turner, fourth grade; and Mock, fifth grade.
• Report card night is today from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
• There is no school Thursday and Friday. These are teacher workdays.
• There is no school Thursday and Friday.
• The following pupils made the pep squad: Victoria Black, Maya Bush, Danielle Cobb, Jaelynn Curry, Shelby Davis, Maddy Gallam, Abby Hill, Haley Lynn, Bailey McNair, Brandy McNair, Karys O'Hara and Abby Thomas.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Walker Robinson. Page Master: Emily Greenway, Abby Cook and Jace Wrightson. Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club: Pencil level—Paola Ramirez, Justin Jackson and Jadyn Simpkins.
• The Veteran's Day celebration will be held Nov. 8. A veteran's museum will be held at the American Legion Post 71. Those who have items they would like displayed should meet Pat Carpenter at the post at 3 p.m. on Nov. 7. All items must be labeled.
• Coupon books are available for purchase in the front office. They are $10 each.
• The eighth grade show choir and band will have a Fall Festival on Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will include a chili cook-off and corn hole tournament. Money raised from the event will go towards the show choir and band trip to Atlanta to perform at the Southern Star Music Festival.
• The second annual OLP Polar Bear Golf Scramble will be held Saturday at Goshen Plantation. There is a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Call (803) 279-8396 ext. 100 for more information.
• Catholic Schools Week will be held Jan. 26 through Feb. 1 with daily events at the school.
Paul Knox Middle
• The PTO is selling season passes for $20. The passes are good for home football, basketball and volleyball games. Coupons for local businesses are included on the back of each pass.
• The following pupils were named winners in the Quest reading program: Knights—Ryan Nelsen, Amy Barrett, Allison Barrow, Gracyn Barrow, Carter Hampton, Parker Hampton, Rayceton Mathis, Ripleigh Mathis, Tanner Nelsen, Shylah Phillips, Ariana Robinson, Evan Tesch, Regan Woodward and Jameson Zeuhlke. Pages— Caleb McWhite, Caleb Phillips and DeAundre Robinson.
• The coupon book fundraiser will begin Tuesday.
• There is no school Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving.