• There is no school for Aiken County Public Schools on Friday.
• The school book fair will be held through Thursday.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The following pupils became members of the Double H Reading Club: Andrea Rodriguez, Jailyn Shedrick, Makena Griffis, Zachary Kennedy, Carter McDiarmid, Chamberlain Jensen, Leland Swanson, Amber Little and Dezmond Chavous.
• The PTO fall carnival will be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• The school book fair will be held Monday through Oct. 25.
• The school will have a It’s Spooky to be Hungry food drive throughout October.
• Trick or Treat Night at the Creek will be held Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. Admission is $2 for one child or $5 for three or more children. The haunted house is $3.
• The following placed in the homecoming chili cook-off: Special Ed – Charles Croft and Susan Scott, first place; Social Studies – Robin Falin, second place; Guidance – Jane Kaplenski, third place. Honorable mentions: Media and Arts Group – Michelle Wells, Ann Adcock and Rose Butler; Athletic Department – Laura Pippin; and English Department – Dr. Hardy.
• Report cards will be issued Oct. 25.