• The following will represent the school in the next round of tryouts for North Augusta Idol: Haileigh Feagin, Zoe Cooper, Malik Thomas, Sarah Dearman, Tinsley Sherlock and Taylor Arrington.
• The following will perform in the BES Talent Show: Haileigh Feagin, Zoe Cooper, Duanna and Kourtnie Holmes, McKenzie Holmes, Lena Ryberg and Alyssa Brady, Taylor Arrington, Pax Rogers, Malik Thomas, Tinsley Sherlock, Sarah Dearman, Emily Willis, Abby Williamson, Evelynn Hayden, and Savannah DeGennaro.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: James Wilson, D'Muntrez Burley, Nicholas Frank, Ashlyn Porter, Darrius Curry, Chloe Feagin, Byron Whitt, Bowen Brodrick, Baileigh Rollins, LillieAnne Bosdell, Mckymzie Cason, Kaylee Brandon and Lakendra Clarke.
• Philip Miller is the school’s overall geography bee winner. Classroom winners were Philip Miller, Andrew Hall, Corbin Adriana, Jamarri Robinson, Evan Bishop, Shawn Wilson, Shane McGahee, Kole Thigpen, Will Adams, Ethan Wright, Dakota Cook, Errin Mays and Joshua Gayle.
• The January winners for the Principal’s Writing Board are: Makayla Carson, kindergarten; Katelynn Anzek, first grade; Kenzie Crews, second grade; Pax Rogers, third grade; Lauren Coleman, fourth grade; and Keonna Collier, fifth grade.
Fox Creek High
• There is no school Feb. 18 in observance of President's Day.
• Interim reports will be issued Feb. 20.
• A free FAFSA workshop will be held Feb. 23 at Aiken Technical College from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The following pupils made the A honor roll: third grade: Aaron Abbed, Jenifer Aquilas Jaramillo, Olivia Attaway, Nathan Bear, Gabriel Beckett, Ryleigh Binnicker, Zachary Byars, J’nai Coach, Emily Collins, Heidi Coughenour, Emma Kate Daniels, Amber Devine, Janae Elliott, Hampton Ellis, Angeni Escalera, Kristen Franklin, Bo Fuller, Reagan Gillespie, Gillian Gregory, Kayden Griffis, Hailey Gross, Stephen Harmon, Donavon Head, Lauren Herrera, Latasha Holmes, Tyler Hughes, Stephen Johnston, Noah Lindler, Caleb Livingston, Jack Livingston, Macy Logan, Abi McCurry, Elijah Morris, Taylor Muns, Lia Murphy, Griffin Pruitt, Bishop Radcliff, Graycen Sanders, Dani Slusher, Olivia Spivey, Drew Stevens, Leland Swanson, Hannah Walton, Ellis Waters, Keith Whitaker and Haley Winburn;
Fourth grade: Makayla Adams, Bryce Anderson, Avery Arico, Jackson Beavers, Kenneth Beck, Bethany Bookard, Grayson Bridgers, Claire Crowder, Joseph DeLaughter, Makena Griffis, Matthew Hammond, Avery House, Cole Jackson, Gracie Kervin, Dominique Mayes, Callie Newman, Madison Page, Jordan Rose Parker, Emily Pearce, Chloe Powell, Rebekah Rahman, Caylin Shuford, Will Tate, Brayden Turner, Bella Waters and Anna Wilson;
Fifth grade: Madison Ashby, Cooper Atkins, Ansley Barbee, Cassidy Blackmon, Haleigh Brownlee, Havird Bryant, Eddie Burch, Journee Catoe, Ryan Franklin, Riley Fullam, Kamry Green, AnaHi Guerrero-Ramirez, Matthew Hawkins, Daniel Henderson, Ryan Hendrick, Nicholas Herrera, A’Mia Hill, Nicholas Hoehn, Macey Hughes, Darius Johnson, Garrett Jones, Olivia Kaemmerling, Shane Kenrick, Colton Levi, Will Livingston, Saylor Logan, Anna Maryniak, KeZiah McAdoo, Sophia McCall, Makayla McManus, Kaylee Morris, Haven Mottel, Ana Grace Owens, Keenan Paige, Caroline Peace, Brayden Poorvin, Katie Presnell, Allyson Raftevold, Joey Reyes, Christian Ryan, Amber Schumacher, Julianna Siverhus, Stephen Smith, Bear Smoker, Hailey Sparks, Blake Swanson, Caleb Waldrop, Rachel Wall, Brock Williams and Ethan Wilson.
• The following pupils made the A and B honor roll: third grade: Shealyn Blackmon,Tommy Burch, Emme Carter, Nasavyon Daniels, Emelie Delgado, Michaela Faulkner, Jordan Fowler, Sean Fowley, Tanner Harmon, Emma Hennessy, Connor Hill, Faith Jackson, James Jeffers, Ella Johnson, Natalie Kaemmerling, Dylan King, Madison King, Grace Lewis, Amber Little, Joseph Lykins, Grace McKenzie, Kylie McNair, Madison Medlock, Irish Miles, Kellen Miles, Gabriel Pace, Dalton Payne, Evan Prickett, Morgan Prouty, Myles Puckett, Peyton Rabun, Allison Roberts, Kayla Smalley, Campbell Smith, Jayden Tiwari, Ashley Truesdale, Camdyn Turner, De’Jon Warner and Emory Williams;
Fourth grade: Carter Amburn, Lauren Angeloff, Nadia Blackwood, Dylana Bowling, Donifon Brown, Elizabeth Brown, Trey Butler, Mark Cash, Alayna Chambers, Piper Davis, Kelse Deas, Olivia Dill, Madison Doss, Shelby Enevoldsen, Brennley Furness, Abby Gilstrap, Cole Gregory, Michael Hawkins, Evan Herrington, Copelyn Hodges, Ella James, Matthews Jeffers, Chamberlain Jensen, Zackary Kennedy, Carson Kervin, Logan Kosh, Bryson Mathis, Alton McCurry, Gabbie Moore, Stephen Nelson, Steven Padgett, Tanner Preissler, Kaedun Preston, Nicholas Salcedo, Ashley Schumacher, Joyner Settles, Shane Sloan, Anna Grace Smith, Shelby Smith, Kennedi Sparks, Lauren Strickland, Teresa Thomas, Kyahna Thurmond, Jacob Wales, Owen Wells, Justin Whaley and Joseph White;
Fifth grade: Emily Adkinson, Juan Aguilar Jaramillo, Ansley Aguirre, Wyatt Beagles, Cassidi Brinson, Christian Bumpus, Emma Chartier, Tyler Cook, Aden Cox, Jonas Crowe, Dylan Cunningham, Falcon Davis, Odalis De Avila, Maya Fowley, Ashley Gomez, Eva Guerrero Chacon, Logan Hall, Grayson Hann, Alia Harrison, Victoria Howell, Shelby Hutto, Raelin Lanham, Thayer Loose, Yazmin McCumber Rodriguez, Haleigh Meers, Benoit N’Kutula, Matthew Owings, Kylie Parham, Stephen Phillips, Bryant Rachels, Hannah Robinson, Melanie Roe, Israel Sosa, Byron Tapia-Perez, Malik Taylor, Deja’ Tregre, Logan Tudor, Jesus Varela, Jacob Vautaw, Nathaniel Vazquez, Brandon Walton, Emily Williams, Jakavein Williams, David Witt, Jade Young and Raven Ziglar.
• Today is an early release day. Pupils will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
• The Litter Trashes Everyone assembly is
• There is no school Feb. 18 in observance of President’s Day.
• Spring pictures will be taken Feb. 20.
• Six Flags Read to Succeed forms are due
• The Looney Tunes Bank is open at 9 a.m. Wednesdays in the media center.
• The MES Mavericks Scholastic Chess Club meets on Mondays from 5 to 6 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
• The school collects Box Tops and Campbell’s labels.
• MES PTO membership is $5 per family. Checks should be made payable to MES PTO.
• No changes in transportation from car to bus or bus to car will be taken over the phone. Changes should be sent to the school in writing.
• Parents can call into the homework hotline to check homework assignments. Call (803) 279-9993 and then dial the teacher’s room number when
• The Valentine’s Day dance is Feb. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m.
• The Merriwether Mavericks Scholastic Chess Club meets on Mondays from 5 to 6 p.m. in the cafeteria at Merriwether Elementary. Memberships are $35 per year and include a regulation chess set and a T-shirt.
• Chick-fil-A biscuits are sold on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month.
• The school collects Box Tops and ink cartridges.
Mossy Creek Elementary
• Pupils will be released at 12:30 p.m. today.
• Domino’s pizza night is Thursday. The class with the most orders will get a pizza party.
• Chat night is 6-7 p.m. Thursday.
• Mother/son game night is 6 to 9 p.m. Friday.
• Order forms for fifth-grade yearbook ads must be returned by Friday. Order forms can be picked up in the office. If there are any questions, contact Drenda Hardy at (803) 634-3838
• Western Day is Tuesday. Dress in cowboy or cowgirl attire.
North Augusta Elementary
• The following pupils made the all A’s honor roll for the second nine weeks: third grade: Mariel Baker, Anna Elise Baxley, Austin Brown, Barrett Coleman, Anna Corley, Ben Greene, Jack Greenway, DaLee Gunter, Awntario Haeffner, Holley Hargrove, David Havasy, Jaivin Heera, Ben Holton, Payton Lazenby, McKenzie Love, Emma McKinney, Taloria Scott, Robert Shelton, Skylar Shirey and Zykeria Valentine;
Fourth grade: Laura Bachelder, Victor Brenes, Gerald Brown, Gault Goldman, Taylor Hawes, Bryson Holton, Maggie Huskey, Melissa Murph, Savannah Padgett, Payne Whitlock and Riley Wise;
Fifth grade: Abby Ashe, Katie Ashe, Garrett Brandt, Melena Bush, Katherine Dunaway, Jasmine Ellison-Pope, Cameron Falu, Christian Falu, Olivia Garnett, Amy Herring, Genesis Johnson, Jessica Johnson, McKenzie Kight, Tommy Lloyd, Patrick Malcom, Emmie Matthews, Jackson McCommon, Gage McCullough, Michael McGee, William McGee, Iris Nichols, Rebeccah Ogbuefi, Alex Ramirez, Mark Raymond, Jacob Smith and Kelsey Toole.
• The following pupils made the all A’s and B’s honor roll for the second nine weeks: third grade: Trey Armstrong, Alayna Bailey, Ebony Beard, Cyrus Brown, Amaris Carter, Hannah Cutshell, Taleyah Dunbar, Logan Eidell, Jesus Flores Huerta, Grace Gill, Aiden Hadley, Kelly Herring, Jaden Jackson, Jadon Johnson, Isabelle Jones, Robert Knox, James Moon, Graham Morlan, Evan Peters, Cooper Scroggs, Amber Sikes, Kaden Usry, Gracie Walling and Scottie White;
Fourth grade: Winter Appleton, Ava Brown, Lily Butler, Katelynn Case, Rennie Chavis, Ryan Curry, Claudia Elvira, Michelle Furmage, Rosa Griffith, Kirsten Haney, Jayla Jarrett, Brooke Jiunnies, Charlotte Kalbskopf, Adam Kitchens, Emma Leopard, Blayne Lynch, Jadon Mace, Abby Mays, Makayla Metcalf, Ashlynn Mikell, Caleb Miller, Tiara Missey, Jermaine Moment, Stephon Morris, Marshall Robinson, DJ Shearouse, Jacoby Smith, Shae Smith, Trey Stallings, Kendra Sterling, Mary Strauss, Madison Usry, Karely Vivas, Jude Walker, Larry White, Paris Whitlock and Jayla Williams;
Fifth grade: Kenneth Baker, DaVera Cartledge, Taylor Darville, Kaden Doom, Jack Ellefson, Haley Fox, Emily Garcia, Josh Greene, Nalayah Haeffner, Ashley Herrington, Kamora Johnson, Markel Martin, Maddie Mathews, Trey Mattews, Kassidey Miller, Caroline O’Neal, Rebecca O’Neal, Aurora Pool, Amy Reyes, Blake Shealy, Parker Spries, Quinton Tillman, Victoria Vance, Dakota Vincent and Rusty Williams.
• The following pupils completed a 35-question, timed multiplication quiz with 100 percent accuracy and were named Multiplication Masters: third grade: Barrett Coleman, Awntario Haeffner, Jaivin Heera, Ben Holton, Amber Sikes, Bobby Shelton and Dalee Gunter. Fourth grade: Jayla Williams, Jackson Rutland, Tiara Missey, Brooke Jiunnies, Bryson Holton, Gault Goldman, Kameron Davis, Tyler Clark, Lily Butler, Rashad McCain, Laura Bachelder, Melissa Murph, Victor Brenes, Paris Whitlock, Winter Appleton, Katelynn Case, Marshall Robinson, Chesley Cooper, Kendra Sterling, Jude Walker, Tre White, Rennie Chavis, Payne Whitlock, Riley Wise, Trey Stallings, Stephon Morris, Michelle Furmage, Ivan Hernandez, Jermaine Moment, Blayne Lynch, Savannah Padgett, Maggie Huskey, Keshaun Johnson, Abby Mays, Rosa Griffith, Anthony Colafrancesco, Taylor Hawes, Makayla Metcalf, Devin Brown, Grant Brown, Karely Vivas, Dylan Ginn, Jacoby Smith, Kirsten Haney, Jadon Mace, Ashlynn Mikell and Keira Bess. Fifth grade: Rebeccah Ogbuefi, Katherine Dunaway, Chantelle Brown, Cameron Falu, Caroline O'Neal, Ruth Owusu, Emmie Matthews, Aurora Pool, Aaliyah Johnson, Naomi Owusu, Shyyonni Ellison, Jack Ellefson, Joshua Greene, Jasmine Pope, Amy Reyes, Rusty Williams, Blake Shealy, Jacob Smith, Alondria Bailey, Justin Pope, Patrick Malcom, Alex Ramirez, Evan Newbegin, Michael McGee, Markel Martin, Tommy Lloyd, Logan Eubanks, Tony Caldwell, Kenneth Baker, Gage McCullough, Quinton Tillman, Omarion Boyd, Mark Raymond, Christian Falu, Garrett Brandt and Jack McCommon.
• International Day is today.
• Ribbon ceremonies will be held Thursday:
7:40 a.m., kindergarten; 8:30 a.m., third and fourth grades; 9:15 a.m., first and second grades; and 1 p.m. fifth grade.
• The following pupils scored ‘‘exemplary’’ in all subject areas on the 2012 PASS test and will be recognized as PASS Scholars during the ribbon ceremonies Thursday: fourth grade: Winter Appleton, Laura Bachelder, Victor Brenes, Grant Brown, Lily Butler, Barrett Collins, Ryan Curry, Shane Gaines, Dylan Ginn, Cristina Griffith, Taylor Hawes, Ivan Hernandez, Bryson Holton, Charlotte Kalbskopf, Nathaniel Keoboupha, Emma Leopard, Zionn Lozoya, Jadon Mace, Tiara Missey, Melissa Murph, Savannah Padgett, Marshall Robinson, Trey Stallings, Jude Walker and Riley Wise. Fifth grade: Melena Bush, Jasmine Ellison-Pope, Tommy Lloyd, Emmie Matthews, Gage McCullough, Iris Nichols, Rebeccah Ogbuefi, Jacob Smith and Kelsey Toole.
North Augusta High
• A trip to tour Coastal Carolina and Frances Marion universities is scheduled for Friday and is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors who qualify. Students will depart at 7:15 a.m. and return at 5:30 p.m. The cost is $10. Lunch is not provided. Only 35 spots are available and students should see guidance to register.
North Augusta Middle
• TJ Gillespie has earned a position on the Region Symphonic Band as sixth chair trumpet. He advanced from the Region Honor Band audition to compete at the state-level audition.
• The following pupils made the Region Concert Band: Ashlyn Yount, second chair flute; Chloe McGee, sixth chair flute; Sarah Wilson, ninth chair clarinet; and Ryan Henry, first chair baritone saxophone. Ryan advanced to compete at the state-level audition.
• The following pupils made the All County Symphonic Band: Ashlyn Yount, fifth chair flute; Chloe McGee, seventh chair flute; Sarah Wilson, 13th chair clarinet; Nathan Greene, first chair bass clarinet; Ryan Henry, first chair baritone saxophone; TJ Gillespie, third chair trumpet; Ryan Gillespie, fifth chair percussion; and Josh Gordon, seventh chair percussion.
• The following pupils made the All County Concert Band: Ayla Hadley, fourth chair flute; Leanna Whittle, 13th chair clarinet; Thomas Farmer, second chair French horn; Nicholas Maroney, second chair trombone; Jordan Babb, first chair percussion; and Zach Mooney, fifth chair percussion.
• Today is an early release day. Pupils will be dismissed two hours early.
• Eighth grade IGP’s discussions, by appointment, will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
• The Valentine’s dance is Friday from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The cost is $3. Snacks will be sold during the dance. Pizza will be $3 and drinks are 50 cents each. Permission slips must be turned in and armbands must be purchased during lunch Friday.
• The Black History Program will be held at 9 a.m. Monday. The program will highlight contributions blacks have made in American music. There will be singing and dancing.
Our Lady of Peace
• Pupils can dress out of uniform Thursday for $1. Proceeds benefit ALS Research. Pupils should follow the guidelines in the student handbook.
• Pupils can dress out of uniform Feb. 14 for $1. Proceeds benefit Parish Charities. Pupils should follow the guidelines in the student handbook.
Paul Knox Middle
• The Future City team placed fourth in the recent competition and won best essay and best planned city for their model city, Aquadelphia. Team members were Benjamin Formby, Abbi Fralick and Katie Wright.
• Career Day is today.
• Pupils will be released early today.
• Three-week progress reports will be issued Friday.
• The SCACS State Tournament is Feb. 14-15 for varsity basketball and Feb. 16 for cheerleading.
• Re-enrollment will begin Feb. 25.
• Six-week progress reports will be issued March 1.