• A parent resource fair will be held Jan. 26 from noon to 4 p.m. at the Aiken Family Y, 621 Trolley Line Road, Graniteville. The fair will feature workshops on topics such as IEP, behavior management, social skills, transition and more. Local agencies that provide services to students with disabilities will also have booths at the fair. There will also be children activities including inflatables, a LEGO wall and video gaming systems. Free child care and a light lunch will be provided. The fair is free, but registration is required by Friday. To register, contact Aiken County Public Schools at (803) 641-2624 or Edgefield County School District at (803) 275-4601. The event is being sponsored by Aiken County Public Schools’ Department of Special Programs, Edgefield County School District’s Office of Exceptional Children, Therapy Solutions, Cedar Creek West and the Family Y.
• An informational meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 5 for North Augusta area schools at North Augusta Elementary School. The speaker, Dr. Alex Mabe, will discuss key challenges for children with ADHD/ADD and their families and ways everyone can work together.
• Tryouts will be held today for North Augusta Idol.
• Chick-fil-A 2013 calendars are being sold for $6.
• Yearbooks can be ordered for $25. To order a yearbook, enclose a check or cash in an envelope with the child’s name, parent’s name and teacher’s name on the outside and return it to school. Checks should be made payable to Belvedere Elementary.
Fox Creek High
• The Miss Fox Creek 2013 pageant will be held Jan. 26. The theme is Up-town Girl and the competition includes on-stage interviews, sportswear and evening gown. See Mrs. Leopard for more information.
• A free FAFSA workshop will be held Feb. 23 at Aiken Technical College from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Fox Creek teacher cadets will attend the Ron Clark Academy for Teacher Training in April at a cost of $200 per cadet. At the academy, cadets will observe master teachers in action. Clark is known around the world for his unique teaching methods, high expectations for students and for making sure teachers at his school are able to teach outside of the box. Anyone interested in making a donation toward the cost or paying the full cost for a cadet can contact Mrs. Mayson or Ms. Cowart.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• Friday is a teacher work day. There will be no school for pupils.
• The Martin Luther King Holiday will be observed Monday. There will be no school.
• Report cards will be issued Jan. 24.
• The Looney Tunes Bank is open at 9 a.m. Wednesdays in the media center.
• The MES Mavericks Scholastic Chess Club meets on Mondays from 5 to 6 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
• The third nine weeks begin Thursday.
• Martin Luther King Holiday will be observed Monday.
• The Martin Luther King Holiday will be observed Monday.
• Report cards will be available Jan. 28.
• The Valentine’s Dance will be Feb. 8.
• The Spring Dessert Concert will be April 23.
Mossy Creek Elementary
• Pupils can request to meet with Bridge Builders and Ms. Hooper to work out a conflict. Bridge Builders are fifth-grade pupils who are trained peer mediators. The “Fix It” sessions are held Monday through Thursday from 7:20 to 7:45 a.m.
• Chick-fil-A calendars are being sold for $6.50 each.
• Mossy Creek T-shirts are $11.50 for short sleeve and $18 for long sleeve.
North Augusta Elementary
• The Looney Tunes Savings Club is open Tuesdays for deposits.
• Coupon books are on sale in the main office for $10.
• Yearbooks can be purchased for $15 by sending in cash or a check made payable to NAEPTO. Yearbooks can also be ordered online at Jostens.com.
North Augusta High
• Chick-fil-A cookies
will be sold for $1.25 during
lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays, and sandwiches will be sold for $4 on Fridays.
• The NJROTC canteen is open during all three lunches. Items sold include chips, cookies, crackers, candy and drinks.
• The Jacket Espresso is open during all three lunches and sells coffee, hot chocolate, fruit smoothies and iced mocha lattes.
North Augusta Middle
• Friday is a teacher workday/inservice. There will be no school for pupils.
• Martin Luther King holiday will be observed Monday. There will be no school.
Our Lady of Peace
• The Mardi Gras Silent Auction will be held March 2. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from the school office or any OLP school family.
Paul Knox Middle
• Free middle school tutoring is being offered. For qualifications, call Rose Marshall in the Office of Federal Programs at (803) 641-2645.
• Lunch extras are being sold in the canteen: Mondays – canteen items; Tuesdays and Fridays – pizza slices, $2 per slice; and Thursdays – nachos and hot dogs, $2 each and drinks are $1.25 each. Cash only. Volunteers are needed to help with lunch hour sales from 10:53 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Mondays and Fridays. Contact Sandy Zellar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
• Report cards will be sent home Friday.
• There is no school Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Day.