• Pupils will be released at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 3.
• Domino's Spirit Night is Thursday.
• If interested in volunteering at the school, volunteers must attend a training session. Sessions will be offered at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, 18 or 25.
Fox Creek High
• The pre-pageant/prom consignment sale will be held after school each day through Friday in room 139.
• Homecoming is Friday. The football game against North starts at 7:30 p.m.
• Students can make Jostens ring payments Oct. 10 from noon to 1:15 p.m.
• Poinsettia sales begin Oct. 15.
• The ring ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. Oct. 16.
Hammond Hill Elementary
• The following pupils achieved maximum score in English Language/Arts on their 2012 Spring PASS tests: Eddie Burch and Cassidy Blackmon, both in fifth grade, and Jordan Rose Parker and Isabella Waters, both in fourth grade. The pupils will be treated to lunch at the Sno-Cap with Ms. Vaughan and Ms. Brown.
• October 3 is an early-release day. Pupils will be released at 12:30 p.m.
• A Block Party will be held at the Sno-Cap from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. The school’s 60th anniversary will be celebrated with ’50s music, face painting, inflatables and karaoke. The courtyard renovation plan will be shown and bricks for the project will be on sale. A percentage of proceeds from sales at Sno-Cap that evening will support the courtyard renovation project.
• The Scholastic Fall Book Fair will be held Monday through Oct. 12 in the library media center. Volunteers are needed to help with the book fair. If interested, contact Rhonda Criss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Eat Wings, Raise Funds Night is Oct. 3 for MES. Eat at Buffalo Wild Wings, 120 Robert C. Daniel Parkway, Augusta, and tell them you are with Merriwether Elementary or present the Merriwether coupon. The restaurant will donate 15 percent of the pretaxed food sales to the school.
• The Scholastic Book Fair will be held Oct. 19-26 in the media center.
• PTO will sponsor a Clothes Swap on Oct. 20.
• The second nine weeks begins Oct. 23.
• Pupils will be released early on Oct. 31.
• Report Card Night is Nov. 1.
• There will no school for pupils Nov. 2 and 5. Both days are teacher workdays.
Mossy Creek Elementary
• The school carnival is 2 to 5 p.m. Oct. 28. There will be games, entertainment, a silent auction and raffle, food, a bake sale, inflatables, pony rides, car-bashing, Halloween costume contest and more. Volunteers are needed. If interested in volunteering, call Mike Shaw at (803) 341-5629 or e-mail email@example.com. Vendors for the marketplace also are needed. To become a vendor, call Heather Curry at (803) 514-8813 or e-mail the PTO. Teachers and classes are providing themed baskets for the silent auction. Parents are asked to donate items requested for their class basket. If interested in donating an item, call Shaw or Curry.
North Augusta Elementary
• The Looney Tunes Savings Club is open Tuesdays for deposits.
• Career Day is Oct. 3.
• Pupils will be released at 12:30 p.m. Oct. 3.
• The Good News Club meets after school Thursday.
• There will be a PTO board meeting at 6 p.m. Monday.
• The Box Tops contest continues through Oct. 15. The class that collects the most will win an ice cream party.
North Augusta High
• The Tomato Launch competition will be held first and third periods Thursday.
• The following students were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society: Sachin Chaudhary, Haley Duckworth, Arnelle Jennings, Lindsey Prouty, Genevieve Salas-Cronin, Amy Smith, Breanna Thomas and Ashton Young.
• Jostens will be on campus Oct. 10 during all three lunches and will collect the balance on class rings.
• The Class of 2014 ring ceremony will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 24. Participants need to arrive by 6:15 p.m. The last day to sign up is Oct. 10.
North Augusta Middle
• Box Tops for Education should be turned in to homeroom teachers.
• The North Augusta High School Jacket Regiment marching band earned grand champion at the competition at Newberry High School, winning overall drum major, percussion, music and visual execution. Congratulations to the following middle-school marching band members: Ayla Hadley, Dalice Polk, Tatyana Edwards, Trevionna Horne, Chesni Cobb, Heather Dunbar, Joel Napier, Danielle Altringer, TJ Gillespie, Zachary Stokes, Jonathan Wilson, Ryan Gillespie and Josh Gordon.
• FCA leaders for 2012-13 are: Sydney Echols, Karina Ayala Diaz, Makayla Cummings, Thomas Farmer, Sarah Holliday, Landon Washington, Brianna Case, Madison van Haastrecht, Daly Jernigan, Ryan Gillespie and Sam Wilkes.
Paul Knox Middle
• The annual PTO fundraiser ends Oct. 3.
• Make-up pictures will be taken Nov. 9.
• The school collects Box Tops and used ink cartridges.
• Book donations can be left at the school library.
• Victory Baptist Church’s Awana Clubs are held every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.