• Aiken County Public Schools will have its preliminary event to the Scripps National Spelling Bee at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the URS Center for the Performing Arts on Newberry Street in Aiken. The participants include 12 winners from grades five to eight from semifinal spelling bees held throughout the school district, area private schools and Aiken County Home School Association. The event is free and open to the public.
• The following pupils made the 100 Book Club: Xavier Gragg, Caira Madison, Elizabeth Levins, Clayton Cooper, Journey McGee, Kenzie Crews, Dalton Kehr, Carlos Betha and Elijah Bishop.
• Fifth-grade Geography Bee winners include: Chaelys Flores, Marcus Mathis, William Orzechowski, Alexander Miller, Brycen Ward, Jonathan Mitchum, Will Wise, Noah Wiggins, DeAndre Thomas, Kylie Groomes, Jack Alister and Jackson Cooper.
• First-semester report cards will be issued during report card conference night 4-7 p.m. Thursday. Parents will have a chance to talk with teachers and review their child’s grades. Report cards that aren’t picked up will be sent home the following day.
• Friday is a teacher workday. Students will not have school.
• The next board of directors meeting is 6 p.m. Monday in the school’s conference room.
• The science fair is Tuesday through Feb. 3.
• The following pupils have qualified for the Duke Talent Identification Program based on their advanced intellectual and academic abilities in at least one category: Ashlyn Ensley, Alise Harrison, Heather Cosh, Olivia Melton, Damien Hullender, Maura Bazemore, Hannah Spivey, Kiley Craig, Dylan Alexander, Abigail Fralick, Andrew Tate, Reagan Gambrell, Bryson Parler, Nakya Walls, Dolche Sanders, Carson McEntire, Lucille Bach, Grayson Lott, Marlene Sleister, Meredith Gregory, Connor Gibbs, Tyler Buck and Anna E. Mercer.
• The following pupils have become members of the Double H Reading Club: Laisha Galvan, Emma Hennessy, Yazmin McCumber, Cooper Atkins and Victoria Arrington.
• The following pupils are on the A honor roll for the second nine weeks: third grade: Makayla Adams, Bryce Anderson, Lauren Angeloff, Avery Arico, Jackson Beavers, Nadia Blackwood, Bethany Bookard, Grayson Bridgers, Elizabeth Brown, Trey Butler, Shelby Enevoldsen, Brennley Furness, Abby Gilstrap, Makena Griffis, Matthew Hammond, Justin Jackson, Ella James, Zackary Kennedy, Gracie Kervin, Dominique Mayes, Alton McCurry, Callie Newman, Jordan Rose Parker, Emily Pearce, Chloe Powell, Tanner Preissler, Rebekah Rahman, Anastasija Reed, Ashley Salacup, Nicholas Salcedo, Ashley Schumacher, Caylin Shuford, Shane Sloan, Lauren Strickland, Will Tate, Brayden Turner, Kaylee Wallace, Isabella Waters, Joseph White and Anna Wilson;
Fourth grade: Vince Aba, Juan Aguilar, Cooper Atkins, Ansley Barbee, Cassidy Blackmon, Haleigh Brownlee, Havird Bryant, Eddie Burch, Tyler Cook, Maya Fowley, Ryan Franklin, Riley Fullam, Daniel Henderson, Ryan Hendrick, Nicholas Herrera, Macey Hughes, Garrett Jones, Shane Kenrick, Will Livingston, Saylor Logan, Thayer Loose, Anna Maryniak, Kaylee Morris, Matthew Owings, Caroline Peace, Brayden Poorvin, Clayton Roddy, Amber Schumacher, Julianna Siverhus, Bear Smoker, Blake Swanson, Deja’ Teagre, Jesus Varela and Ethan Wilson
Fifth grade: Dylan Aleman, Lucille Bach, Tyler Buck, Chloe Caudill, Heather Cosh, Kiley Craig, Sydney Echols, Abigail Fralick, Alexia Freeman, Reagan Gambrell, Conner Gibbs, Douglas Hammond, Chantz Kight, Grayson Lott, Anna E. Mercer, Bryson Parler, Richie Price, Dolche’ Sanders, Marley Sleister, Hannah Spivey, Brianna Stevens, Drew Tate, Abby Thornton, Zane van der Linden, Nakya Walls and Alexandra Zeller.
The following pupils are on the A and B honor roll for the second nine weeks: third grade: Michael Adams, A’miya Allen, Carter Amburn, Brianna Bautista Robles, Logan Bieber, Dylana Bowling, Donifon Brown, Mark Cash, Dezmond Chavous, Mikaylah Correia, Nyah Cox, Piper Davis, Olivia Dill, Kennedy Dobey, Madison Doss, Dustin Gray, Cole Gregory, Veronica Hendon, Evan Herrington, Copelyn Hodges, Elijah Jarrard, Matthew Jeffers, Ann Davies Jenkins, Leyton Johnson, Chance Jones, Carson Kervin, Logan Kosh, Christopher Lucas, Savannah Luke, Ryan Macafee, Bryson Mathis, Nathan McGhee, Kaylie Moss, Jacqueline N’Kutula, Chloe Nault, Stephen Nelson, Steven Padgett, Ashlyn Peters, Blake Robinson, Joyner Settles, Jonathan Simmons, Dawson Simms, Anna Grace Smith, Katerra Smith, Shelby Smith, Brendan Stacy, Michael Stevens, Grace Stone, Jacob Wales, Kendrick Watson, Owen Wells and Oliver Zelik;
Fourth grade: Emily Adkinson, Ansley Aquirre, Madison Ashby, Chase Beagles, Cassidi Brinson, Journee Catoe, Emma Chartier, Aden Cox, Jonas Crowe, Falcon Davis, Sterling Dement, Nicky Doying, Axel Galvan, Bradley Godwin, Logan Hall, Grayson Hann, Alia Harrison, A’Mia Hill, Nick Hoehn, Victoria Howell, Shelby Hutto, Darius Johnson, Raelin Lanham, Colton Levi, Sophia McCall, Yazmin McCumber, Makayla McManus, Haleigh Meers, Haven Mottel, Ana Grace Owens, Keenan Paige, Kylie Parham, Skylar Pettigrew, Stephen Phillips, Katie Presnell, Evrie Pruitt, Joseph Reyes, Christian Ryan, Jude Sauceda, Lilly Smith, Stephen Smith, Byron Tapia, Logan Tudor, Autumn Turner, Jacob Vautaw, Caleb Waldrop, Rachel Wall, Brock Williams, David Witt and Aurora Young;
Fifth grade: Maura Grace Bazemore, Mallory Blattel, Patricia Branson, Justus Broadwater, Trenton Butler, Reagan Creasy, Ashlyn Ensley, Madison Evans, Trevor Fowler, Ashlyn Gambrell, Caleb Graham, Meredith Gregory, Neely Gregory, Luke Henderson, Shelby Jo Higgenbottom, Alex Hoehn, Taylor Howard, Jacob Johnson, Nolan Kendinger, Abby Key, Avery Mathis, Fernando McCumber, Carson McEntire, Olivia Melton, Fallon Morgan, Mills Murphy, Tyler Nabritt, Madeline Noland, Christopher Parker, Natalie Prouty, Andres Robles, Alondra Rodriguez, Jacob Rowley, Shelby Rucker, Matalyn Settele, Brett Stevens, Claire Valentine, Meghan Valentine, Anahi Vital, Juan Wiley, Alexis Williams, Ethan Wood and Dayjah Young.
• The following pupils were chosen as Friend of the Month for January: kindergarten: Cartier Carroll, Tyrek Curry, Briseis Mayson, Bryana Thomas, Roderick Sheppard, Mary Ann Bunch, Joseph Counsellor and DaéJuan Gilliam; first grade: Gaby Windham, Dior Gorman, Trent Smith, Savana Sullivent, Ansley Hooks, Joseph Kingston Sherlock and Stephen Tamlyn; second grade: Kyrrin Roundtree, Maliky Thomas, Chazzlynn Mack and John Martin Sherlock; third grade: Lenise Surry, Mary Leila Robinson, Arianna Brooker and Max Hooper; fourth grade: Kyree Alexander, Stephon Sullivan and Alexis Smith; and fifth grade: Isaac Johnson, Kharl Tilby, Jordan Williams, Kalik Moore and Hannah Thomas.
• Student of the Month awards went to: Paige Spires, Collin Stephens, Cooper Scroggs, Stephon Morris, Brandon Brooks and Sean Lloyd.
• Congratulations to Michael Havasy for placing second in the Area 2 Spelling Bee. He will compete in the Aiken County Public Schools preliminary to the Scripps National Spelling Bee at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the URS Center for the Performing Arts in Aiken. Joyce Bernardino also competed in the Area 2 Spelling Bee and placed third. She will be the Area 2 alternate at the district spelling bee.
• The following made the book club: 100 books: Katie Swann, Jack Swann, Connor Kirkland, Caroline Shelton, James Pinkston; 200 books: Will Stallings; 300 books: Logan Eidell; 400 books: Tamia Jenkins and Abby Cook; and page master: William Barfield.
• There will be an alumni basketball game Friday. Alumni are asked to fill out an update form and mail, fax or e-mail it to joseph
victory.com. The form is on the school’s Web site, www.jesusgivesmevictory.com.
• Feb. 3 is homecoming.
• Three-week progress reports will be available Feb. 10.
• There will be no school Feb. 20.