BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• Connection 101 class for new members and potential church members will begin Sunday at 9:15 a.m. The class is a four-week course.
• The Akins will perform in concert at 6 p.m. Sunday in the sanctuary.
• The joint prayer walk with Belvedere United Methodist and Bel-Ridge churches is March 9.
• The Easter egg hunt is March 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. on the fellowship hall and church grounds.
• The Maundy Thursday service will be held 7 p.m. March 23 in the fellowship hall.
• Easter sunrise service will be held at 7 a.m. March 31.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays to minister to people from the Tri-Development Center who participate in activities in the fellowship hall.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers class continues each Wednesday through March 20 from 1 to 2 p.m. The classes are held in the Together Class but will move to the church’s fellowship hall if numbers increase. The classes are led by Pastor Ally Deal.
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m. and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by worship at 7 p.m. The church is at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• The Lenten luncheon and worship service schedule is as follows: today, the Rev. Doug Page at Grace United Methodist Church; March 6, the Rev. Bob Fuller at First Baptist Church; March 13, the Rev. David Thompson at Second Providence Baptist church; and March 20, the Rev. Albert James at St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church. Lunch is served at noon and at 1 p.m. The worship service is held at 12:30 p.m.
• Lenten study sessions are held Wednesdays from 6:15 to 7 p.m. in the Wesley Classroom of the Asbury Building. The seven-session series is focused on the book 24 Hours That Changed the World by the Rev. Adam Hamilton. The book costs $12. Each session features a short video by the Rev. Hamilton followed by a discussion led by Beverly Underwood.
• Lark Jones and John Newell will be held “captive” starting at 6:30 p.m. March 8 until their bail is made as part of a fundraiser for Give Kids the World and Bolivia construction mission trips. Contact Marianne Harlan to make an early donation.
• Songfest 2013 featuring contemporary Christian music by the LifeSong praise and worship bands will be held 6:30 p.m. March 8.
• Children’s Sunday is March 17.
• Scholarship applications are available in the church office for high school seniors and college students. The deadline is March 29. Contact Karen Denny with any questions.
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
HAMMOND GROVE WORD POWER MINISTRY
• The rainbow tea will be held at noon Saturday.
• The annual Word Power Revival will be March 12-14 at 7 p.m. each night.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• A five week Lenten Bible study will be held on Wednesday nights during Lent. The theme is “Behold, the Lamb of God”.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• The Blok Service is held at 11 a.m. Sundays through March 31 at The Blok, 1297 W. Martintown Road. The service features acoustic style music and Steve speaks live each week. There are no children’s services. Those with small children and Element students are encouraged to continue attending service at the main campus.
• Baptism classes will be held March 17 and March 24 at 10 a.m. at North Augusta High School in the choir room on the second floor of the gym.
• The next Dunk’d services will be March 31 at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• There will be no 8:30 a.m. service on March 31.
• The Element 180 Weekend is March 1-3. The theme is blueprint. Registration is currently $40 and will increase to $60 the week of the event. The weekend is for middle and high school students to experience God in transforming ways.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO