BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The Winter Jam 2013 Tour Spectacular is Thursday. Those attending will depart from the church at 4 p.m. The cost is $10 cash at the door.
• VBS Start-Up will be 7 p.m. Feb. 24 in the fellowship hall.
• Connection 101 class for new members and potential church members will begin March 3 at 9:15 a.m. The class is a four-week course.
• The Akins will perform in concert at 6 p.m. March 3 in the sanctuary.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The Ash Wednesday service will be held 6:30 p.m. today.
• The United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers class continues each Wednesday through March 20 from 1 to 2 p.m. The classes are held in the Together Class but will move to the church’s fellowship hall if numbers increase. The classes are led by Pastor Ally Deal.
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m. and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• The Ash Wednesday worship service is today at 6:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. There will be a WINGS meal in the Wesley Center prior to the service but no WINGS programs.
• Lenten study sessions are held Wednesdays from 6:15 to 7 p.m. in the Wesley Classroom of the Asbury Building. The seven-session series is focused on the book 24 Hours That Changed the World by the Rev. Adam Hamilton. The book costs $12. Each session features a short video by the Rev. Hamilton followed by a discussion led by Beverly Underwood.
• The ChristCare Group for women who are widowed, divorced or never married will meet Thursday at 4 p.m. It will feature fellowship and support, Bible study, worship, and service to others. Those interested in joining should contact Beverly Underwood at (706) 339-9579 or Julie Gazda at (803) 278-6117.
• Lark Jones and John Newell will be held "captive" starting from 6:30 p.m. March 8 until their bail is made as part of a fundraiser for Give Kids the World and Bolivia construction mission trips. Contact Marianne Harlan to make an early donation.
HAMMOND GROVE WORD POWER MINISTRY
• The Youth Black History Celebration will be held 5 p.m. Saturday. It will feature a night of the arts with choirs, dance and mime. Dinner will be served.
• Family and Friends Day program is 6 p.m. Feb. 24. The guest speaker is Pastor C.D. Roberts and Elim Baptist Church.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• The Black History Program will be held during worship services at 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.