BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The Joy Banquet for widows and widowers is 6 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall.
• The Winter Jam 2013 Tour Spectacular is Feb. 14. Those attending will depart from the church at 4 p.m. The cost is $10 cash at the door.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays to minister to people from the Tri-Development Center who participate in activities in the fellowship hall.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The Ash Wednesday service will be held 6:30 p.m. Feb. 13.
• The United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers class continues each Wednesday through March 20 from 1 to 2 p.m. The classes are held in the Together Class but will move to the church’s fellowship hall if numbers increase. The classes are led by Pastor Ally Deal.
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m. and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Lenten study sessions are held Wednesdays from 6:15 to 7 p.m. in the Wesley Classroom of the Asbury Building. The seven-session series will be focused on the book 24 Hours That Changed the World by the Rev. Adam Hamilton. The book costs $12. Each session will feature a short video by the Rev. Hamilton followed by a discussion led by Beverly Underwood.
• Children’s Sunday is March 17.
• Scholarship applications are available in the church office for high school seniors and college students. The deadline is March 29. Contact Karen Denny with any questions.
• A new ChristCare Group is forming for women who are widowed, divorced or never married. It will feature fellowship and support, Bible study, worship, and service to others. The group will meet on Thursday afternoons starting in mid-February. Those interested in joining should contact Beverly Underwood at (706) 339-9579 or Julie Gazda at (803) 278-6117.
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
HAMMOND GROVE WORD POWER MINISTRY
• The Fate of a Young Man Mentoring workshop will be held 10:15 a.m. Saturday. Minister Yannik McKie is the facilitator. The workshop is for men who want to establish a successful mentoring program and discover creative mentoring methods.
• The Youth Black History Celebration will be held 5 p.m. Feb. 16. It will feature a night of the arts with choirs, dance and mime. Dinner will be served.
• Family and Friends Day program is 6 p.m. Feb. 24. The guest speaker is Pastor C.D. Roberts and Elim Baptist Church.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• The Black History Program will be held during worship services at 10 a.m. Feb. 17.
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• Children interested in singing in either of the children’s choirs should see Brett Cooper or Bart Black. The choirs will be involved several times throughout the year in the 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. services.
• The Blok Service is held at 11 a.m. Sundays through March 31 at The Blok, 1297 W. Martintown Road. The service features acoustic style music and Steve speaks live each week. There are no children’s services. Those with small children and Element students are encouraged to continue attending service at the main campus.
• The Element 180 Weekend is March 1-3. The theme is blueprint. Registration is currently $40 and will increase to $60 the week of the event. The weekend is for middle and high school students to experience God in transforming ways.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO