BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• Super Bowl Fellowship will be held 6 p.m. Sunday in the youth building. Bring your favorite tailgate food item.
• The Joy Banquet will be held 6 p.m. Saturday in the Fellowship Hall. All widows and widowers are invited. Call the church office if interested in attending.
• The Winter Jam 2013 Tour Spectacular is Feb. 14. Those attending will depart from the church at 4 p.m. The cost is $10 cash at the door.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays to minister to people from the Tri-Development Center who participate in activities in the fellowship hall.
• Those interested in helping maintain church facilities should contact Tony Snyder.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers class continues each Wednesday through March 20 from 1 to 2 p.m. The classes are held in the Together Class but will move to the church’s fellowship hall if numbers increase. The classes are led by Pastor Ally Deal.
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• A Lenten study will be added to the Wednesday night schedule beginning today. The session will be held from 6:15 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Wesley Classroom of the Asbury Building. The seven-session series will be focused on the book 24 Hours That Changed the World by the Rev. Adam Hamilton. The book cost $12. Each session will feature a short video by the Rev. Hamilton followed by a discussion led by Beverly Underwood.
• The 10th annual Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday in the Wesley Center. Doors open for dinner at 6 p.m. The menu includes deer, elk, quail, duck, turkey, shrimp and more. There will be a silent auction of items from area businesses and a live auction of big ticket items. Attendees may also purchase $1 tickets for a chance to win an item from drawings. Entertainment will be provided by Doug and The Henrys. Tickets are $12 for adults, $7 for children 12 and younger, and free for children ages 3 and younger.
• Windows “All Church Retreat” will be held Feb. 15-17. The cost is $130 for adults, $25 for children ages 3-18 and free for children ages 2 and younger. Scholarships are available. Contact Beverly Blevins for information.
• Children’s Sunday is March 17.
• Scholarship applications are available in the church office for high school seniors and college students. The deadline is March 29. Contact Karen Denny with any questions.
• Additional chaperones are needed for the Give Kids the World volunteer trip June 16-21. Two female chaperones and three male chaperones are needed. Contact Karen or Marianne if interested.
• A new ChristCare Group is forming for women who are widowed, divorced or never married. It will feature fellowship and support, Bible study, worship, and service to others. The group will meet on Thursday afternoons starting in mid-February. Those interested in joining should contact Beverly Underwood at (706) 339-9579 or Julie Gazda at (803) 278-6117.
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
HAMMOND GROVE WORD POWER MINISTRY
• A Country Fair will be held 5 p.m. Saturday. The event will feature different countries with infomation, food and fun.
• The Fate of a Young Man Mentoring workshop will be held Feb. 9 at 10:15 a.m. Minister Yannik McKie is the facilitator. The workshop is for men who want to establish a successful mentoring program and discover creative mentoring meth
• The Youth Black History Celebration will be held 5 p.m. Feb. 16. It will feature a night of the arts with choirs, dance and mime. Dinner will be served.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
The Black History Program will be held during worship services at 10 a.m. Feb. 17.
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• Children interested in singing in either of the children’s choirs should see Brett Cooper or Bart Black. The choirs will be involved several times throughout the year in the 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. services.
• The Blok Service is held at 11 a.m. Sundays through March 31 at The Blok, 1297 W. Martintown Road. The service features acoustic style music and Steve speaks live each week. There are no children’s services. Those with small children and Element students are encouraged to continue attending service at the main campus.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Friday and Saturday at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO