BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The Women’s Clothing and Accessory Exchange event is Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is being sponsored by the Women’s Enrichment Ministry. Donations of gently used women’s clothes, shoes and accessories can be dropped off at the fellowship hall on Friday from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Volunteers will serve in the Masters Table soup kitchen on Sunday. The group will leave the church at 7:30 a.m. and return at 1 p.m. A sign up sheet is on the bulletin board outside the church office. Call Amy Pack at (803) 279-7762 if there are any questions.
• Students will go cosmic bowling Jan. 25 from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. The cost is $10 and is due Tuesday to reserve a spot.
• The senior adult game day is Jan. 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the fellowship hall. A light lunch will be served. Call the church to sign-up.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays to minister to people from the Tri-Development Center who participate in activities in the fellowship hall.
• Those interested in helping maintain church facilities should contact Tony Snyder.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• The Sno-Cap's January FUNraising will benefit Grace Child Development Center. The center will receive a portion of all purchases made in January when the customer mentions "Grace CDC".
• Those interested in serving as a greeter should contact Suzanne Rudisill by Monday at (803) 279-1500 or email@example.com.
• Auction items are needed for the Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction event. To donate, contact Kristi Poss Atkins, Mary Chris Newell, Wayne Waldrop, Debbie Yano or Beverly Blevins.
• The 10th annual Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction will be held at 6 p.m. Feb. 2 in the Wesley Center. Doors open for dinner at 6 p.m. The menu includes deer, elk, quail, duck, turkey, shrimp and more. There will be a silent auction of items from area businesses and a live auction of big ticket items. Attendees may also purchase $1 tickets for a chance to win an item from drawings. Entertainment will be provided by Doug and The Henrys. Tickets are $12 for adults, $7 for children 12 and younger, and free for children ages 3 and younger.
• Windows “All Church Retreat” will be held Feb. 15-17. The cost is $130 for adults, $25 for children ages 3-18 and free for children ages 2 and younger. Scholarships are available. Contact Beverly Blevins for information.
• Spaces are still available for the Give Kids the World. It will be June 16-21. Contact Karen Denny for more information. A $50 deposit will reserve a spot.
• A new ChristCare Group is forming for women who are widowed, divorced or never married. It will feature fellowship and support, Bible study, worship, and service to others. The group will meet on Thursday afternoons starting in mid-February. Those interested in joining should contact Beverly Underwood at (706) 339-9579 or Julie Gazda at (803) 278-6117.
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• The Kanuga Parish Retreat is Feb. 8-10. A nonrefundable fee of $25 is due upon registration. Additional costs: for adults, $203 per person for those sharing a room and $268 for a single room; for youth, $65 per person; and children ages 5-11, $67. The costs include food and lodging. It is free for children ages 4 and younger.
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• Children interested in singing in either of the children’s choirs should see Brett Cooper or Bart Black. The choirs will be involved several times throughout the year in the 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. services.
• The Blok Service is held at 11 a.m. Sundays through March 31 at The Blok, 1297 W. Martintown Road. The service features acoustic style music and Steve speaks live each week. There are no children’s services. Those with small children and Element students are encouraged to continue attending service at the main campus.
• A class for those interested in becoming a member and those wanting to learn more about the “what and why” of TrueNorth will be held 6:30 p.m. Monday. Dinner is provided. Childcare won’t be available. Sign-ups are available at Guest Services or on The City.
• The groundbreaking service on the church's land on Martintown Road will be held at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 27.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Feb. 1-2 at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO