BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The students' After Church Thing activity is Sunday at 7 p.m. at Subway.
• The Women's Clothing and Accessory Exchange event is Jan. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is being sponsored by the Women's Enrichment Ministry. Donations of gently used women's clothes, shoes and accessories can be dropped off at the fellowship hall on Jan. 18 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Students will go cosmic bowling Jan. 25 from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. The cost is $10 and is due Jan. 22 to reserve a spot.
• The senior adult game day is Jan. 29 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• The church is again partnering with United Way for Project W.A.R.M., a project to help community members with weatherization and home repairs. The dates for the project are Friday and Saturday. Sign-up sheets are available for those interested in volunteering.
• An Alzheimer’s education seminar led by Dr. Suzanne Smith will be held Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the New Life Classroom. A support group will meet on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. starting in February. For more information, contact Beverly Blevins at the church office or at email@example.com.
• Auction items are needed for the Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction event on Feb. 2. Proceeds will benefit the Windows “All Church Retreat” and other Family and Leisure Ministries of Grace church. To donate, contact Kristi Poss Atkins, Mary Chris Newell, Wayne Waldrop, Debbie Yano or Beverly Blevins.
• Windows “All Church Retreat” will be held Feb. 15-17. The cost is $130 for adult, $25 for children ages 3-18 and free for children ages 2 and younger. Scholarships are available. Contact Beverly Blevins for information.
• The senior high ski trip will be Feb. 28 through March 3. A $100 deposit is due by Sunday to hold your spot.
• Spaces are still available for the Give Kids the World. It will be June 16-21. Contact Karen Denny for more information. A $50 deposit will reserve a spot.
• A keyboard player who can read music is needed for “by the Grace” praise band during LifeSong services. Contact Marianne if you would like to help.
• An audio technician is needed. Contact Ray May if interested.
• Grace cookbooks are $18 each and can be purchased from the church office. Proceeds benefit Leisure Ministries.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• The Kanuga Parish Retreat is Feb. 8-10. A nonrefundable fee of $25 is due upon registration. Additional costs: for adults, $203 per person for those sharing a room and $268 for a single room; for youth, $65 per person; and children ages 5-11, $67. The costs include food and lodging. It is free for children ages 4 and younger.
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• Children interested in singing in either of the children’s choirs should see Brett Cooper or Bart Black. The choirs will be involved several times throughout the year in the 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. services.
• An additional service, called The Blok Service, will be held at 11 a.m. each Sunday through March 31 at The Blok, 1297 W. Martintown Road. The service will feature acoustic style music and Steve will speak live each week. There will be no children's services. Those with small children and Element students are encouraged to continue attending service at the main campus.
• A class for those interested in becoming a member and those wanting to learn more about the "what and why" of TrueNorth will be held 6:30 p.m. Jan. 21. Dinner is provided. Childcare won't be available. Sign-ups are available at Guest Services or on The City.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Feb. 1-2 at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO