BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• The Christmas Post Office will be open through Sunday.
• A Christmas concert by Josh Edwards will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• The church is again partnering with United Way for Project W.A.R.M., a project to help community members with weatherization and home repairs. The dates for the project are Jan. 11-12. Sign-up sheets will be available for those interested in volunteering
• An Alzheimer’s education seminar led by Dr. Suzanne Smith will be held Jan. 14 at 6:30 p.m. in the New Life Classroom. A support group will meet on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. starting in February. For more information, contact Beverly Blevins at the church office or at email@example.com.
• Auction items are needed for the Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction event on Feb. 2. Proceeds will benefit the Windows “All Church Retreat” and other Family and Leisure Ministries of Grace church. To donate, contact Kristi Poss Atkins, Mary Chris Newell, Wayne Waldrop, Debbie Yano or Beverly Blevins.
• Windows “All Church Retreat” will be held Feb. 15-17.
• Spaces are still available for the Give Kids the World. It will be June 16-21. Contact Karen Denny for more information. A $50 deposit will reserve a spot.
• Grace cookbooks are $18 each and can be purchased from the church office.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• The community is invited to a service of prayer and anointing for physical, emotional and spiritual healing each Thursday starting at 10 a.m.
• The church will have a breakfast with discussions on the scriptural themes of Advent on Saturday. The breakfast will be supplied by the church. For information or directions, call (803) 341-0075 or visit www.anglicanchurchoftheholytrinity.com.
• A Christmas Eve Festival of Lessons and Carols with Holy Eucharist will be held 7 p.m. Monday.
• A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 4 p.m. Jan. 10.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• A Shepeard Community Blood Center blood drive will be held Sunday Dec. 16.
• Christmas services will be held Sunday and Monday at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. both days.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Feb. 1-2 at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO