BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• A children’s Christmas party will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday for children in 4K through fifth grades. Participants will meet at the church at 10 a.m. to board the bus and go to Jumping Beans for a couple of hours and will return to the church for pizza and a surprise visit from Santa. Parents and guardians must sign and return a waiver in order for their child to play at Jumping Beans.
• The Youth Christmas Party will be held Saturday. Participants should meet at the church at 5 p.m. to go to Lights of the South. Upon returning to the church, there will be snacks, Christmas music, gift exchange and a few prizes to give away. The cost is a food item for Community Ministries of North Augusta and a funny gift for a person of the same gender.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• An Alzheimer’s education seminar led by Dr. Suzanne Smith will be held Jan. 14 at 6:30 p.m. in the New Life Classroom. A support group will meet on the third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. starting in February. For more information, contact Beverly Blevins at the church office or at
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• The community is invited to a service of prayer and anointing for physical, emotional and spiritual healing each Thursday starting at 10 a.m.
• The church is hosting Saturday morning breakfasts with discussions on the scriptural themes of Advent on Saturday and Dec. 22. The breakfast is compliments of the church. For information or directions, call (803) 341-0075 or visit www.anglicanchurchoftheholytrinity.com.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
• The Miracle in the Manger children’s Christmas program will be held 6 p.m. Sunday. Refreshments will be served.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
SPRING GROVE BAPTIST CHURCH
• The Celebrating Christ This Christmas event will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday and will feature music of worship and praise.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• The annual Christmas Bash for the Adopt-A-Block communities, Ridgeview and Gentry, will be Sunday. Activities include the Christmas story with a live nativity, Santa Claus and games. Parents will have an opportunity to buy toys for their children at a low price in the Christmas Shop. Donations of $10, $15 and $20 toys are needed for the Christmas Shop. If you would like to volunteer, contact Travis Brown at (803) 640-0530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO