BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Christmas poinsettias are on sale for $11. The deadline to order is Friday.
• The Hope of Christmas featuring the combined choirs and drama ministries of Belvedere First Baptist and Clearwater First Baptist churches will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday at Belvedere First Baptist and at 7 p.m. Dec. 9 at Clearwater First Baptist.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• Help is needed to decorate the Wesley Center for Christmas on Thursday. Contact Marianne if interested in helping.
• The Return to Bethlehem will be held Dec. 5-8. Casting has begun. The workday for Return to Bethlehem is Saturday at 9 a.m. each day. Contact Marianne for more information.
• The grief support group will meet at 10 a.m. Dec. 9 in the conference room in the Asbury Building. Discussion will focus on dealing with grief during the holidays.
• Auction items are needed for the Wild Game Dinner and Silent Auction event on Feb. 2. Proceeds will benefit the Windows “All Church Retreat” and other Family and Leisure Ministries of Grace church. To donate, contact Kristi Poss Atkins, Mary Chris Newell, Wayne Waldrop, Debbie Yano or Beverly Blevins.
• Windows “All Church Retreat” will be held Feb. 15-17.
• Spaces are still available for the Give Kids the World. It will be June 16-21. Contact Karen Denny for more information. A $50 deposit will reserve a spot.
• Grace cookbooks are $18 each and can be purchased from the church office.
• There may be an opportunity for another missioner for the Bolivia Mission 2013. Applications are available in the church office. Call Bobby Oliver at (803) 278-0511 for more information.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• The community is invited to a service of prayer and anointing for physical, emotional and spiritual healing each Thursday at 10 a.m.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group will also meet Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• The Angel Tree will be put up Saturday. Each angel will represent a gift that can be purchased for someone in need in the North Augusta area.
• Advent Quiet Day will be held Saturday. David Henson will lead reflection and discussion on the Lord’s Prayer. The schedule will be as follows: 8:30 a.m., registration and pastries; 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., program; and 11:15 a.m., Holy Eucharist followed by lunch. The cost is $12 which includes lunch. Register on the sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall or call (796) 495-1199.
• A Christmas Coffee will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the ministry center. The event will feature coffee, hot chocolate and desserts. A brief message on the true meaning of Christmas will be presented. For more information, contact Terrie Lehi at (803) 279-4622 ext. 205 or email@example.com.
• The annual Christmas Bash for the Adopt-A-Block communities, Ridgeview and Gentry, will be Dec. 16. Activities include the Christmas story with a live nativity, Santa Claus, and games. Parents will have an opportunity to buy toys for their children at a low price in the Christmas Shop. Donations of $10, $15 and $20 toys are needed for the Christmas Shop. If you would like to volunteer, contact Travis Brown at (803) 640-0530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Christmas services will be held Dec. 23 and Dec. 24 at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. both days.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Feb. 1-2 at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information
or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• AWANA Clubs are held every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO