BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• The community Thanksgiving service will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Other participating churches are Bel-Ridge Baptist Church, Belvedere United Methodist Church and Sweetwater Baptist Church.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• The Return to Bethlehem will be Dec. 5-8. Casting has begun. Workdays for Return to Bethlehem are Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 at 9 a.m. each day. Contact Marianne for more information.
• The grief support group will meet at 10 a.m. Dec. 9 in the conference room in the Asbury Building. Discussion will focus on dealing with grief during the holidays.
• Bobby Richardson, a Christian inspirational and motivational speaker and a former New York Yankee baseball player, will speak at 7 p.m. today in the Wesley Center. Richardson will autograph photographs and purchased copies of his book, Impact Player, after the presentation. Copies of the book and his magazine, Bobby Richardson’s Magazine, will be available for purchase at the event. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (803) 279-7525 or visit www.gotgraceumc.org.
• Grace Child Development Center is selling restaurant coupon books for $10.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• The community is invited to a service of prayer and anointing for physical, emotional and spiritual healing each Thursday at 10 a.m.
• The community Thanksgiving Dinner will be held 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 22. Reservations are required by Saturday and can be made by called (803) 341-0075.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group will also meet Nov. 29 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the month.
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s
Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• The Angel Tree will be put up Dec. 1. Each angel will represent a gift that can be purchased for someone in need in the North Augusta area.
• Advent Quiet Day will be held Dec. 1. David Henson will lead reflection and discussion on the Lord’s Prayer. The schedule will be as follows: 8:30 a.m., registration and pastries; 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., program; and 11:15 a.m., Holy Eucharist followed by lunch.
The cost is $12 which includes lunch. Register on the sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall or call (796) 495-1199.
• A Christmas Coffee will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 in the ministry center. The event will feature coffee, hot chocolate and desserts. A brief message on the true meaning of Christmas will be presented. For more information, contact Terrie Lehi at (803) 279-4622 ext. 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Facedown will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday in North Augusta High School’s auditorium. The event is an evening of sharing in communion and worship. Journey Land will be available for preschoolers.
• There will be no Element on Nov. 21.
• Those who purchased a turkey, Boston Butt or pulled pork can pick up their order at The Block from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 21.
• The next Dunk’d baptism services will be held at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Nov. 25. There will be no 8:30 a.m. service. Those interested in being baptized must attend a baptism class. The next class will be 10 a.m. Sunday in the choir room at North Augusta High School. See someone in Guest Services or call (803) 279-1555 to sign up.
• Christmas services will be held Dec. 23 and Dec. 24 at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. both days.
• The Chicks Go Organic Winter Retreat is Feb. 1-2 at the Augusta Marriott and Suites. For more information or to register, pick up a brochure at 1297 W. Martintown Road or on Sunday mornings from Guest Services.
• Awana Clubs are held every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO