BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men’s prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
• Shoe boxes for the Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Project have been placed in several locations in the church facilities. Boxes need to be returned by Sunday.
• Students Ignite is held at 7 p.m. Wednesdays in the fellowship hall.
• Family Night Supper will be held Nov. 7 at 5:45 p.m.
BELVEDERE UNITED METHODIST
• The United Methodist Women meet at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month in the fellowship hall.
BIG STEVENS CREEK BAPTIST
• AWANA Clubs gatherings are from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Children can learn about God, recite Bible verses and have fun during game time. Classes range from Puggles (age 2) to Truth for Training (sixth grade). This program is for boys and girls.
• Sunday school meets at 9:30 a.m., and the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m. An evening service is held at 6 p.m. Children in Action and Mission Friends also meet at 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Wednesday Bible study begins at 6:30 p.m. Children attend AWANA while adults meet for Bible study.
• Band practice and fellowship are at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, followed by a worship service at 7 p.m. The church is held at The Hippodrome, 5540 Jefferson Davis Highway.
GRACE UNITED METHODIST
• Recovery by Grace meets at 6 p.m. Thursdays in the Cokesbury classroom in the Wesley Center. The class is for people dealing with grief, divorce, family conflict, domestic violence, substance abuse or other problems.
• Fishers of Men Fish Fry will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 13 at the Wesley Center. Tickets will be on sale on Sunday in Sunday School classes and in the breezeway between the Wesley Center and the sanctuary. The cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. The menu for adults includes fried flounder fillets, hushpuppies, grits, coleslaw, dessert and beverage. The menu for children includes chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, applesauce, dessert and beverage.
• Workshops to repair costumes for Return to Bethlehem will be held Nov. 7 and Monday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. Those who can help either day should contact Mary at (803) 278-1300 or email@example.com or Linda at (803) 279- 2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Return to Bethlehem will be Dec. 5-8. Casting has begun. Workdays for Return to Bethlehem are Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 at 9 a.m. each day. Contact Marianne for more information.
• The grief support group will meet at 10 a.m. Sunday and Dec. 9 in the conference room in the Asbury Building. Discussion will focus on dealing with grief during the holidays.
• Bobby Richardson, a Christian inspirational and motivational speaker and a former New York Yankee baseball player, will speak at 7 p.m. Nov. 14 in the Wesley Center. Richardson will autograph photographs and purchased copies of his book, Impact Player, after the presentation. Copies of the book and his magazine, Bobby Richardson’s Magazine, will be available for purchase at the event. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (803) 279-7525 or visit www.gotgraceumc.org.
• Grace Child Development Center is selling restaurant coupon books for $10.
HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN
• The community is invited to a service of prayer and anointing for physical, emotional and spiritual healing each Thursday at 10 a.m.
HOLY TRINITY LUTHERAN
• Seniors Noticing Other Retirees (S.N.O.R.E) is held the first, second and third Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group will also meet Nov. 29 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The group is open to seniors who want to enjoy lunch and other activities during its meetings.
MIMS GROVE BAPTIST
• Bible study is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays.
MOUNT TRANSFIGURATION BAPTIST
• Sunday school is at 9 a.m., followed by worship at 10 a.m.
OUR LADY OF PEACE CATHOLIC
• The Prayer/Comfort Shawl Ministry meets at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays in room 3 in the annex. Knitters and crocheters are invited to join and knit or crochet shawls while mingling.
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S EPISCOPAL
• Health screenings are held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the second Sunday of the
• An Alzheimer’s support group meets at 2 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the church. Caregivers are invited. Call (803) 439-1016.
• Wednesday adult ministry starts at 6 p.m.
• The children’s Wednesday night program starts at 6 p.m. upstairs in the Christian Ed building. The program is for children ages 3-12.
• The Angel Tree will be put up Dec. 1. Each angel will represent a gift that can be purchased for someone in need in the North Augusta area.
• Advent Quiet Day will be held Dec. 1. David Henson will lead reflection and discussion on the Lord's Prayer. The schedule will be as follows: 8:30 a.m., registration and pastries; 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., program; and 11:15 a.m., Holy Eucharist followed by lunch. The cost is $12 which includes lunch. Register on the sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall or call (796) 495-1199.
• A Christmas Coffee will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 in the ministry center. The event will feature coffee, hot chocolate and desserts. A brief message on the true meaning of Christmas will be presented. For more information, contact Terrie Lehi at (803) 279-4622 ext. 205 or email@example.com.
• Awana Clubs are held every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through sixth grade.
E-MAIL CHURCH NEWS TO