• The Aiken County school district’s 2012-13 budget will be adopted Tuesday.
• Kristen Alston, of North Augusta, graduated in May from Mercer University at the Macon, Ga. campus with a bachelor of science from the School of Engineering.
• Tiffany Morton, of North Augusta, graduated in May from the Atlanta campus of Mercer University with a master of education from the Tift College of Education.
• The following students from North Augusta received distinguished honors (GPA between 3.60 and 3.79) in the spring from the College of Charleston: Jacqueline Saeli, Mitchell Campbell, Kelly Couch, Alicia Difloure, Allison Flynn, Stephanie Foligno, Christina Hawkins, Michael Helmig, Shannon Kelly, Alyssa Leibman and Sukhpreet Singh.
• The following students from North Augusta made the dean's list (GPA of 3.8 to 4.0) for the 2011-12 year at the College of Charleston: Robin Banner, Patrick Holloway and Rebekah Lowry.
• Registration will be held as follows: July 31, noon to 6 p.m.; and Aug. 1, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Please bring birth certificate, South Carolina immunization record and proof of residency, such as an electric or water bill.
• School begins Aug. 20. The school will open at 7 a.m. for breakfast, which is served until 7:20 a.m. Tardy bell rings at 7:30 a.m.
• All A’s honor roll for the fourth quarter:
Ninth grade: Morgan Bookstaver, Kyle Crews, Paige Fowler, Elena Gallegos, Savannah Gossett, Erin Harrison, Kate Kumrow, Mary Plecha, Sabrina Shutters, Rachel Simmons, Eden Weidman and Caroline Yano;
10th grade: Sarah Chafin and Erin Holley;
11th grade: Stefanie Bloedel, Haley Bryant, M.K. Jenkins, Patsy Kilgore, Mary Louise Pawlowski and Austin Turner; and
12th grade: Sam Alexander, Micaela Bell, Chandricka Bussey, Kayla Clem, Kevin Cloy, Casey Fulmer, Sulina Martin, Virginia Simmons, Christina Thomas and Jeremy Weeks.
All A’s and B’s:
Ninth grade: Kaelan Brown, Jarius Byrd, Lara Campbell, Melissa Cobb, Hannah Culpepper, Jhasmin Gonzalez, Halle McPherson, Duncan Oliver, Kaliandra Turner and Kali Wiggins;
10th grade: Kaylee Bryant, Andrew Buist, Kristen Chamberlain, Taylor Cooper, Brittany Cross, Zachary Davis, Elizabeth Gibeau, Terrance Hillary, Forrest Whitfield and Morgan Williams;
11th grade: Abbie Ergle, Sofia Gonzalez, Allen Hoechst, Brent Lacey, Allison Lemmon, Tucker Sutphin and Holly Timblin; and
12th grade: Dane Adams, Kristen Anderson, Matt Beeler, Travis Brown, Devan Buchanan, Brianna Carpenter, Hannah Creighton, Justin Davis, Michael Engelberg, Edgar Gonzalez, Jamie Gregory, Max Hall, Amberlyn Harper, Kylene Hill, Edward Howard, Clayson Kansanback, Noland Koon, Victoria Pack, Pepper Parker, Cynthia Raezer, Shelby Simmons, Bree Smith, Amanda Trobough, Ashlyn Wanninger and Josh Wearn.
• Registration is open for the 2012-13 school year.
• Host families are needed to sponsor foreign exchange students for the 2012-13 school year. For more information, contact Mrs. Albert at (706) 868-9947, (706) 373-4389 or email@example.com.
• Volunteers are needed to help with summer projects, including those with skills in areas such as electrical, plumbing, construction and concrete. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Principal Dr. Timothy Murph at (803) 613-9435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The next board of directors meeting is at 6 p.m. June 30 in the school’s conference room.
• Registration cards for the 2012-13 school year were sent home with pupils in 4K through fourth grade. Parents are asked to complete the registration card and return it along with a copy of current proof of residency, such as a power or water bill, lease agreement or sales contract. The document will be kept and not returned.
• In celebration of the school’s 60th anniversary, the School Improvement Council and the Parent Teacher Organization have partnered to renovate the school’s courtyard. The multi-year project will include a picnic plaza, an amphitheater, a water feature and a garden with green space. People may purchase a commemorative brick to support the courtyard project. Order forms have been sent home with pupils. Contact the school for more information.
• Summer registration is Aug. 1 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Parents are asked to come that day to pay school fees, purchase a 2012-13 school T-shirt or complete a lunch application. Parents can also join the school’s PTO on that day.
• Open house will be 2-4 p.m. Aug. 17.
• The first day of school is Aug. 20.
• Summer registration will be held from noon to 6 p.m. July 31, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 1.
• The computer lab needs new computers and headphones. Items are being sold on eBay as a fundraiser for the lab. To donate an item, contact Karen Doom at email@example.com. Donations can be made through Smartkids.sc on eBay.
• Compass Learning is available during the summer and can be accessed through the district or school Web sites.
• If moving during the summer, please tell Patti Hughes in the office. Call (803) 442-6280.
• Early registration will be held 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 1-2. Regular registration is 8 to 11 a.m. and noon to 3 p.m. Aug. 6-7. Late registration is noon to 6 p.m. Aug. 15. Parents of new pupils will be required to show proof of residence in the parent’s name, current immunization record, original birth certificate and proof of income for 4K pupils. Parents of returning pupils must show proof of residence in the parent’s name by showing a bill from July or August.
• Pupils and their parents can meet teachers from 2 to 4 p.m. Aug. 17.
• The first day of school is Aug. 20.
• Transcripts are $5 each.
• Registration for 2012-13 is as follows: Aug. 1, noon to 6 p.m., freshman and seniors; Aug. 2, noon to 6 p.m., sophomores and juniors; and make-up day, Aug. 6, noon to 6 p.m.
• Parents, if your number has changed or you have moved, please call to update your information.
• Sixth-grade orientation will be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 17. Lunch will not be provided.
• Pupils can pick up schedules for the 2012-13 year from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 1. Proof of residency must be provided, such as a water or electric bill. Driver's license will not be accepted.
• School begins Aug. 20 and is 7:50 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
• The school is accepting applications and re-enrolling for the upcoming school year. For an application or more information, visit www.jesusgivesmevictory.com or contact the school at (803) 278-0125.