• 4K/5K and new first-graders’ registration is from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. today-Thursday.
• The following made the 100 Book Club: Aliyah Olopade, Jorge Naranjo, Parker Angell, Zionah Dixon, Alex Ludwikowski, Caimon Harris-Luke, Jameson Jukes, Bryce Edwards, Nathan Mitchum, Treshawna Corley, Deborah Jett and Amarri Wilcher.
• There will be a blood drive from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
• The following students made the A honor roll for the third nine weeks:
Ninth grade: Morgan Bookstaver, Melissa Cobb, Paige Fowler, Savannah Gossett, Erin Harrison, Kate Kumrow, Mary Plecha, Sabrina Shutters, Rachel Simmons, Eden Weidman and Caroline Yano;
10th grade: Erin Holley, Chassidy Lusby and Morgan Williams;
11th grade: Stefanie Bloedel, Haley Bryant, M.K. Jenkins, Patsy Kilgore and Mary Louise Pawlowski;
12th grade: Sam Alexander, Kristen Anderson, Matt Beeler, Kayla Clem, Casey Fulmer, Kylene Hill, Pepper Parker, Shelby Simmons, Ginny Simmons, Christina Thomas, Josh Wearn and Jeremy Weeks.
• The following students made the A and B honor roll for the third nine weeks:
Ninth grade: Kaelan Brown, John Bryant, Jarius Byrd, Lara Campbell, Kyle Crews, Elena Gallegos, Jhasmin Gonzalez, Duncan Oliver, Lindsey Pack, Kennedy Tesch, Kali Turner, CJ Washington, Kali Wiggins and John Damon Wright;
10th grade: Sarah Adams, Heather Bowden, Kaylee Bryant, Sarah Chafin, Brittany Cross, Zach Davis, Roby Gillespie, Matthew Harley, Allison Herron, Terrance Hillary, Nick Hughey, Ricky Jones, Savannah Jones, Chris McCain, Mariela Muniz and Forrest Whitfield;
11th grade: Devante Curry, Christina Fowler, Sam Hodges, Allison Lemmon, Blasé Mancine, Cortlyn Maner and Austin Turner;
12th grade: Dane Adams, Micaela Bell, Brianna Carpenter, Kevin Cloy, Michael Engelberg, Edward Howard, Noland Koon, Tori Pack, Cynthia Raezer, Bree Smith, Lindsey Smith, Amanda Trobough, Ashlyn Wanninger and CJ Williams.
• Saturday School will be held Saturday; and May 5, 12, 19 and 26. One day of Saturday School lets students make up one absence. Those who want to attend must sign up with Ms. Mayson in the front office by the Friday before the Saturday School date they wish to attend. Students are required to arrive by 8 a.m. and must pay $10 to attend.
• A Spirit Night will be held from 5-8 p.m. today at Chick-fil-A of North Augusta. A portion of the evening’s sales will benefit the baseball team.
• The following pupils made the A honor roll during the third nine weeks:
Third grade: Makayla Adams, Bryce Anderson, Lauren Angeloff, Avery Arico, Jackson Beavers, Nadia Blackwood, Dylana Bowling, Grayson Bridgers, Elizabeth Brown, Shelby Enevoldsen, Abby Gilstrap, Makena Griffis, Matthew Hammond, Evan Herrington, Copelyn Hodges, Justin Jackson, Elijah Jarrard, Zackary Kennedy, Gracie Kervin, Dominique Mayes, Alton McCurry, Callie Newman, Jordan Rose Parker, Chloe Powell, Tanner Preissler, Anastasija Reed, Nicholas Salcedo, Ashley Schumacher, Caylin Shuford, Shane Sloan, Shelby Smith, Will Tate, Teresa Thomas, Brayden Turner, Jacob Wales, Isabella Waters, Joseph White and Oliver Zelik;
Fourth grade: Vince Aba, Juan Aguilar, Cooper Atkins, Ansley Barbee, Cassidy Blackmon, Haleigh Brownlee, Havird Bryant, Eddie Burch, Tyler Cook, Maya Fowley, Ryan Franklin, Riley Fullam, Alia Harrison, Ryan Hendrick, Nicholas Herrera, Macey Hughes, Garrett Jones, Shane Kenrick, Colton Levi, Will Livingston, Saylor Logan, Brayden Poorvin, Bear Smoker, Blake Swanson, Dejá Teagre, Caleb Waldop, Rachel Wall and Ethan Wilson;
Fifth grade: Dylan Aleman, Lucille Bach, Tyler Buck, Chloe Caudill, Heather Cosh, Madison Evans, Abigail Fralick, Reagan Gambrell, Conner Gibbs, Caleb Graham, Douglas Hammond, Shelby Jo Higgenbottom, Alex Hoehn, Nolan Kendinger, Abby Key, Chantz Kight, Grayson Lott, Avery Mathis, Carson McEntire, Olivia Melton, Anna E. Mercer, Mills Murphy, Tyler Nabbritt, Madeline Noland, Bryson Parler, Richie Price, Dolché Sanders, Marley Sleister, Hannah Spivey, Brianna Stevens, Drew Tate, Abby Thornton, Zane van der Linden, Nakya Walls, Alexis Williams, Jaylon Zeimet and Alexandra Zeller.
• The following pupils made the A and B honor roll during the third nine weeks:
Third grade: Ámiya Allen, Carter Amburn, Brianna Bautista Robles, Logan Bieber, Bethany Bookard, Donifon Brown, Trey Butler, Alayna Chambers, Dezmond Chavous, Mikaylah Correia, Piper Davis, Olivia Dill, Kennedy Dobey, Madison Doss, Brennley Furness, Dustin Gray, Veronica Hendon, Theron Hoar, Ella James, Matthew Jeffers, Ann Davies Jenkins, Autumn Jones, Chance Jones, Kortez Jones, Carson Kervin, Christopher Lucas, Savannah Luke, Ryan Macafee, Bryson Mathis, Nathan McGhee, Kaleb McKie, Kaylie Moss, Jacqueline N’Kutula, Chloe Nault, Stephen Nelson, Steven Padgett, Ashlyn Peterson, Emily Pearce, Will Prothman, Rebekah Rahman, Blake Robinson, Ashley Salacup, DaJanaé Sanders, Joyner Settles, Jonathan Simmons, Dawson Simms, Katerra Smith, Grace Stone, Lauren Strickland, Kaylee Wallace, Kendrick Watson, Owen Wells and Anna Wilson;
Fourth grade: Emily Adkinson, Madison Ashby, Chase Beagles, Cassidi Brinson, Journee Catoe, Emma Chartier, Jonas Crowe, Emily Davenport, Falcon Davis, Axel Galvan, Logan Hall, Grayson Hann, Daniel Henderson, A’Mia Hill, Victoria Howell, Shelby Hutto, Darius Johnson, Raelin Lanham, Thayer Loose, Anna Maryniak, Sophia McCall, Yazmin McCumber, Makayla McManus, Haleigh Meers, Kaylee Morris, Ana Grace Owens, Matthew Owings, Keenan Paige, Kylie Parham, Caroline Peace, Skylar Pettigrew, Stephen Phillips, Katie Presnell, Evrie Pruitt, Allyson Raftevold, Joseph Reyes, Clayton Roddy, Christian Ryan, Amber Schumacher, Julianna Siverhus, Lilly Smith, Stephen Smith, Logan Tudor, Jesus Varela, Jacob Vautaw, Nathaniel Vazquez, Brock Williams and Jade Young;
Fifth grade: Michael Addie, Maura Grace Bazemore, Teran Brady, Patricia Branson, Justus Broadwater, Trenton Butler, Thomas Catoe, Kiley Craig, Reagan Creasy, Sydney Echols, Ashlyn Ensley, Ashlyn Gambrell, Noah Goff, Meredith Gregory, Luke Henderson, LaNia Holmes, Jacob Johnson, Kaylee Mays, Fernando McCumber, Angel Morales, Fallon Morgan, Gabbie Moss, Christopher Parker, Natalie Prouty, Austin Renew, Jacob Rowley, Shelby Rucker, Bernard Satchell, Matalyn Settele, Brittany Simmons, Brett Stevens, Claire Valentine, Meghan Valentine, Guadalupe Vazquez, Anahi Vital, Juan Wiley and Dayjah Young.
• The following pupils have become members of the Double H Reading Club: Meredith Gregory, Pierson Thompson, Jack Livingston, Joseph Lykins, Copelyn Hodges, Nathan Hansen, Clayton Reddy and Ethan Lee. 200 Books: Hailee Brown. Pagemaster: Anna E. Mercer.
• Ten fifth-grade pupils were nominated to become People to People Student Ambassadors. They show leadership potential, excel in school and wish to advance advance as independent thinkers. Nominees: Drew Tate, Abby Thornton, Madison Evans, AJ Bynes, Guadalupe Vazquez, Alondra Rodriguez, Natalie Prouty, Michael Addie, Alondra Mendoza and Bernard Satchell. Nominated pupils will receive information about the application process from the program.
• Mrs. Pond received full funding for her SMARTBoard wireless slate from donorschoose.org. The wireless slate allows her mobility throughout the classroom while teaching.
• Kennedy Dobey and Abbi McCurry were the top sellers in the school’s World’s Finest Chocolate fundraiser. The pupils will be treated to lunch with Ms. Vaughan.
• The school collected $1,113 for the American Heart Association. Anna Mercer raised the most money by collecting $350.
• Author tea parties will be through Friday. Pupils will read their essays to their parents. The class tea party schedule is as follows: today, 8-8:30 a.m. Pond, 8:45-9:15 a.m. Cameron, and 9:30-10 a.m. Witt; Thursday, 8-8:30 a.m. Holloway, 8:45-9:15 a.m. Wates, 9:30-10 a.m. Head, and 10:15-10:45 a.m. Sherman; Friday, 8-8:30 a.m. Pierce, 8:45-9:15 a.m. Murphy, 9:30-10 a.m. Williams.
• Registration for 4K, those new to Hammond Hill and will be in 5K will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Thursday. New pupils coming to Hammond Hill should also register during that time. The child must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2012, to qualify for the 4K program. Parents should bring the child’s current immunization record, a certified birth certificate and proof of residency such as a power or water bill to registration. Bringing a Social Security card is optional.
• Spring pictures are today.
• School T-shirts are on sale for $12. Make checks payable to MMS PTO.
• Chick-fil-A will be sold in the morning car line Thursday.
• Yearbooks are $25. Checks should be made payable to Mossy Creek PTO.
• Volunteer training will be held at noon and 12:15 p.m. Monday.
• The PTO is seeking executive officers for president, treasurer and secretary for the 2012-13 year. Contact Gwyn Snider at (803) 279-4340 or email@example.com.
• Student Council is collecting items for soldiers stationed overseas. Items include: flavor packets for bottled water, wet wipes, hand warmers, books, car and sports magazines.
• The spring book fair is from 7:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Thursday and 7:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday.
• Parents of fifth-graders have received a survey. Please return the survey today.
• Registration for 4K, PALS and new kindergartners is today-Thursday.
• Yearbooks are $15 and can be purchased online at www.jostens.com.
• The spring concert featuring the band, show choir and strings will be at 6 p.m. Thursday.
• The following made the third quarter honor roll:
Sixth grade, all A's: Elizabeth Allen, Madyson Barnes, Parker Baxley, Hayden Boyette, Madelyn Carter, Brianna Case, Sarah Crews, Abigail Cutshall, Christopher Davidson, Madison Evans, Blake Fagan, Dylan Falzarano, Jayla Gaines, Trenton Gambrell, Cole Garnett, Timothy Garrett, Mercedes Goodson, Stephen Hammond, Daniel Hane, Grace Holliday, Matthew Hutto, Justice Jay, Jarett Kelly, Brett Logeais, Matthew Lykins, Andrew MacMurray, Nick Maroney, Sean McDonald, Chloe McGee, Rodney McKie, Hannah Mills, Joseph Nguyen, Elaina Peters, Diavian Philpot, Steven Poore, Erin Redwood, Damon Reynolds, Rebekah Seymour, Brandon Shiley, Kyle Simpkins, Ansley Sloan, Brandon Smith, David Smith, Jacob Stawney, Sarah Ann Tabor, Carson Weeks, Brad Wilson, Sarah Wilson and Ashlyn Yount; A's and B's: McKinsey Amos, Jazlyn Bailey, Parker Blackburn, Andrea Blackwood, Shircoria Bosket, Grant Calloway, Niahna Canty, Carson Cockrell, Jensyn Cole, Bridget Coney, Coral Crittenden, Makayla Cummings, Tiffany Davis, Thomas Farmer, Ryan Gallagher, Esai Guillen, Elisabeth Harkins, Ryan Henry, TJ Hill, Sidney Hobbs, Stephanie Hobbs, Sarah Holliday, Curt Jennings, Aliyah Johnson, Cranston Jones, Jasmine Jones, Tanashia Jones, Joshua Knight, Chandler Kosh, Claire Kumrow, Alvaro Martinez-Garcia, Josh McGee, Madison McKenzie, Zack Mooney, William Mottel, Bryson Mozone, Bailey Napier, Kyle Newbegin, James Peavy, Milena Picciano, Andrew Porter, Alexxia Reed, Akira Robinson, Fielding Robinson, Sophie Ryan, Jared Shanahan, Tyrese Smalley, Eric Smiley, Dylan Smith, Jalen Sturgis, Forrest Thaxton, Jordan Towner, Akira VanMater, Noah Vorderstrasse, Amelia Ward, Mary Watts, Leeanna Whittle, Ally Williams, Jenny Williams, Christopher Wilson, Desiree Wright, Amari Young and Ana Zuniga; and good effort: Rusty Anderson, Amber Bell, Lawson Clubb, Vyolet Courtney, DéAmbra Davis, Aileena Delgado, Tilun Dicks, Brianna Duffer, Sydney Eubanks, Jordan Flanders, Nathan Greene, Aquilar James, Aakeyla Leysath, Hyori McDowell, Amaya Moore, MacKenzie Morgan, Matthew Morgan, Amon Parson, Destiny Patten, Carson Powell, Haley Powell, Christopher Prescott, Amanda Rice, Taylor Shockley, Chase Sikes, Baleigh Warner and Luke Weathersbee.
Seventh grade, all A's: Grace Adams, Danielle Altringer, Bentley Brown, Chesni Cobb, Caroline Cockrell, Cameron Davis, Ryan Gillespie, TJ Gillespie, Katelyn Holliday, Mikalya Jenkins, Sydney Lykins, Isabel Martinez, Parker Mitton, R.J. Saturley, Ryan Stogner, Brooke Tipton, Ryan Walden and Caroline Waldrop; A's and B's: Brock Abbott, Flynn Antonacci, Kevin Arnold, Jordan Babb, JJ Bacon, Ariana Barrantes, Emily Biebesheimer, Grayson Brandt, Veronica Brooks, Megan Bunjevac, Dylan Burton, Amanda Cervantes, Allison Cohen, Darius Copeland, Alex Crawford, Hunter Danko, Tatyana Edwards, Kaitlyn Ellefson, Abigail Elvira, Autumn Fagan, Jakob Freeman, Andrew Fuller, Ayla Hadley, William Hardy, Dawson Hutto, Robert Gillespie, Josh Gordon, Daly Jernigan, Cara Larsen, Amelia Levins, Annie McCommon, Nathaniel Miller, Luis Mora, Emily Mullner, Amelia Murdock, Joel Napier, Chloe Olkowski, Ashley Poole, Michael Poore, Morgan Powell, Katlin Pugh, Baron Radcliff, Victoria Rhyno, Sarina Shahidipour, Madison Spires, Devin Stewart, Joseph Strickland, Zachary Stokes, Dalton Tolar, Kelsey Vaughn, Isaiah Vorderstrasse, Grace Wallace, Garrett Whitfield and Carly Wolf; and good effort: Kiara Allen, Mitchell Barefield, Darnella Bartley, Tailore Cooper, Blake Elam, Brandon Hardy, Clayton Headrick, Hailey Herrick, Pedro Lopez, Christian Maddox, Austin Mills, Kyle Monroe, Price Parker, Dalice Polk, Tyler Pooser, Micah Rippon, Caroline Robins, Halle Sparks, Blake Tipton, Megan Vance and Terriana Wideman.
Eighth grade, all A's: Carrie Albion, Hannah Bonham, Jessalyn Brantley , Camara Brown, Jacob Burns, Nick Butler, Madi Casdorph, Daniel Davidson, Kiana Franklin, Jordan Houston, Briana Karlin, Allison McLane, Catherine Powell, Katelyn Shiley, Sara Tyrrell, Emma Wapshott and Brian Yonn; A's and B's: Cameron Adams, Corey Beckett, Ben Carter, Jaime Casella, Rachel Davis, Owen Gambrell, Brittany Gray, Caylin Gregory, Adam Hane, Tyler Henry, Natalie Jones, Savannah Jones, Dominique Lyons, Ariel Moore, Jay Newman, Justina Nolen, Cara Odom, Eric Outlaw, Kayla Pokora, Caleb Richardson, Blake Seigler, Lauryn Seldon, Madison Shiver, Kayley Smith, Cam Starnes, Breana Thomas, Kip Thornton, Carl Vormelker, Magen Wellmaker, Banks Williams, Nick Wilson and Tyler Wilson; and good effort: Josh Beverley, Jacob Beytes, Sarah Bickford, Andrew Brown, Daniel Burt, Jonathan Byce, Jordan Chavous, Brent Coach, Carmelita Diaz, Abbrea Dorsey, Chandler Dunn, Christopher Farmer, JaQuan Flowers, Bailee Hearn, Sariyah Jennings, Kamiah Johnson, Allison Joyner, Destiny McKevie, Victoria Mock, Jessica Mohr, Seth Owens, Christian Perez, Tianni Pierner, Leticia Reyes, Lance Reynolds, Ashley Roberts, Hunter Satcher, Ian Stocum, Cameron Smith, Diana Stubblefield and Jacob Waterman.
• The Change for Change fundraiser will be held throughout the month of April. Students can pay $1 any day during the month to wear their casual clothes to school. Regular modesty guidelines still apply. Knee length shorts, team logo shirts, denim skirts for girls and denim pants for boys are allowed. Contact the school office if there are any questions about what is allowed. Each class is also asked to fill an empty prescription pill bottle full of quarters during the month. The bottles have been supplied by the school. All money raised during the fundraiser will benefit the American Cancer Society.